Two Brothers Advice - 2006 FZ6

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Gentlemen, I need direction please…

So after reading all the excitement surrounding the Two Brothers group buy I decided to order myself a set of aluminium Two Brothers pipes through the local Yamaha Dealership for my 2006 FZ6.

I decided to go local and pay the little extra rather than dealing with the worries coupled with importing myself from half way around the world.

Ended up paying 800USD out the door. Dealership has confirmed my order and if the ship doesn’t sink I’ll receive my pipes on 29 August 2008.

I’ve downloaded the installation instructions and fitting seems pretty easy, except for the following uncertainties for which I require your expert advice.

Do I need to have the catalyst assembly in the mid pipe removed?
Do I need to have any of the settings on the fuel injection changed?

A buddy of mine is in the exhaust manufacturing business, and I am sure that he could easily fabricate a new mid pipe. Is there anything in particular I should be concerned about, or is the mid pipe just a interconnecting section of stainless steel pipe?

Any expert advice is appreciated, as the mechanics at the dealership are clueless

FZ6-ZN

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6-N

I installed my 2bros back in February so I can answer your q's.

Do I need to have the catalyst assembly in the mid pipe removed?

Nope not neccesary, but you could if you wanted to.

Do I need to have any of the settings on the fuel injection changed?

Also not necessary, the two brothers slipons dont require a remap of the fuel injection but many people, including myself, do like to add a PC-III/Juice Box to tweak it a bit. Eventually I'd like to have it profesionally mapped on a Dyno.

Also one more tip, the 2bros instructions dont say this but it is recommended to disconnect the battery to reset the bike's computer, I have yet to do this myself so cannot speak from experience but this is supposed to increase performance/response, this is the word among the forum. I will be doing it this weekend so I will update my findings.

castor

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry if I am stealing your thread, but I must ask a question regarding TBro's...

Why is the FE needed? WHy can't the pipes tuck in in the standard tail?

I wouldn't like to see my bike without that standard licence plate holder and fender, so I'm occupied by this "problem"...