Twist the Throttle - ON Tonight!!

Wiz

Reaction score
Visit site
All,

This may not apply to all of you, but if you have access to a television channel called "HD Theater" they will be broadcasting a show that should interest the forum. It's called "Twist the Throttle" and is a informative show done on the motorcycle industry.

I have managed to catch the Kawasaki and Bimota shows. They were very informative, and give you an idea where the company is coming from and heading in the future. The Bimota show included Alpine Stars apparel, as they are both headquartered in the same small Italian city. The shows run for an hour and locally (CST, North East Wisconsin-Time Warner Cable)come on at 9:00 PM TONIGHT. Of course they are rebroadcast at other times too.

Tonight's show is on YAMAHA, and if I caught the promo correctly, they talk about our FZ6 during the show.

Catch it if you can.:rockon:

WIZ

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a HDDVR and I record this show.

I've already got BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, Suzuki, MV Agusta, and Bimota.

They haven't shown any new ones yet.... But I'm not at my house so I'm not sure.

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a HDDVR and I record this show.

I've already got BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, Suzuki, MV Agusta, and Bimota.

They haven't shown any new ones yet.... But I'm not at my house so I'm not sure.

It'd be nice if it ended up on mininova.com for those of us that don't get that channel.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw the same commercials and have set mine up to dvr. I hope it is on yamaha because the commercials said it was but my guide says it is a replay of the bimota a* show.

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
This is an awesome show. I caught the Ducati, Suzuki and MV Augusta shows. I'll definitely be on the lookout tonight.

Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbup:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Already watched it, they dont talk about the fazer at all. I was extremely disappointed. I waited a long time to watch this episode. It does appear in the background a couple of times though.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i watched it and, yeah, other than a brief shot of a red one in the background, nothing. it was all r1 and r6. it was neat to see some of the older bikes like their first 4 stroke, but overall kinda disappointing. i know it's a track bike show, but it could have spared at least a few minutes on the fizzer, especially since they were talking about a racetrack (the one with the corkscrew) for like 10 minutes which had nothing to do with yamaha.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I was also a bit dissapointed in the Yamaha segment, not nearly as good as some of the other brands they have covered, very little of the assembly line, engineering, big gap in history of bikes (nothing about early street sport bikes like FZ and FZR series). If you are into late 80's early 90's 500cc 2-stroke racing there is some coverage of that though, with interviews of some of the riders of that period. I guess they covered so much of Laguna Seca because of their investment in the track plus that is where they made their bones in racing. Perhaps they were not allowed to film some aspects?

So far, Ducati, Bimota, MV Augusta, and BMW have been my favorite segments, you get to really see into the engineering, design, test, plus some BEAUTIFUL HD shots of ALps-riding. Fans of machine-working MUST see Bimota segment, they hand build the entire bike including lots of the machining. The Alpinestars segment was also really good, they show A LOT about the design and test of safety gear.

Wiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I just found it on Turbo.com under the "motorcycles" link. I have to agree with the other posters though, it wasn't as good as I hoped. After I posted this thread, things happened so I didn't get to see the show when it aired. I'm going to take a look at the Bimota show though, it sounds interesting. On the site above I think there are segments of all the shows so far.

Happy Viewing,

Wiz

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched it last night, and thought it was great, but then again I haven't seen the others yet, so I have no baseline. They did spend a significant amount of time talking about the spirit of styling and how the whole Yamaha line is based on that. I think the Japanese word is "kondo" - how beauty affects human emotions. I thought it was neat that beauty means so much to the design, and they basically pick a design that is aesthetically pleasing, then push themselves to build high performance around the look.

I didn't mind the segment about Laguna Seca personally, but that might be because it's local to me. I'll tell ya, the way they talked about the corkscrew really makes me want to do a trackday there.