Turn Signal Replacement Options

Azmotoman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! So, I'm picking up an 05 FZ6 this weekend, and it's going to need a new mirror and turn signal. I've already decided on replacing both mirrors with ones off an R6, but I'm having a harder time with the turn signals. I only need a front, right side turn signal, but I can't seem to find one, and I can't seem to find much information on whether signals from another bike will work. I've seen all the LED ones on Amazon/eBay, but I'm wondering what else people have done to replace them. I'm not super mechanically inclined and I'd rather have something that just fits/plug-and-plays in.

Any advice or input?

Thanks!

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
IF i were you i would skip the r6 mirrors and get some mirrors with turn singles included. look on ebay, plenty to choose from and you get rid of the extra wind resistance the turn signals make when your going 120+

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
What I have done is get a set of the small but super bright ones and install them. It is not that hard.

You will have to cut the wires. Bu what I did is cut the wires and put connectors on them that the LED lights plug into. Different LED lights may have different plugs but you can find the connectors super cheap at any auto store and even Walmart (that is where I got mine).

Just strip the wire a little, crimp on the connector, mount and plug in the LED lights.

Or like was said above, get the ones integrated in the mirror.

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
IF i were you i would skip the r6 mirrors and get some mirrors with turn singles included. look on ebay, plenty to choose from and you get rid of the extra wind resistance the turn signals make when your going 120+
I've heard that the mirrors with signals suck for the FZ6. They dont stay bolted on tight.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe R1 turn signals will work - they seem identical to my 2006 FZ6.
As for mirrors with turns signals... how about GSXR's mirrors? :)

jeadra

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of the cheap Ebay mirrors with integrated turn signals. I've put up with them for the past few years, but I hate them with the fire of the thousand suns and I want them gone. The left side constantly buzzes and drops at speed, so I can never get a clear sight of what is around me in traffic.
I'm planning on going back to the OEM turn signal setup with R6 mirrors soon, and I have my eye on the Oxford Eyeshot LED turn signals. The videos I've seen, they seem brighter during the day than my current $10 Cycle Gear special signals I have on the rear....Splicing wires together isn't that hard if you have a cheap soldering iron, and a bit of thin electrical solder. Don't bother with the squeeze type connectors to line them in directly; they're absolutely useless.
Just splice the old connector onto the new lights, heat-shrink the connection (or just electrical tape), and you're good to go. There are plenty of how-to videos out there on Youtube.