Triumph announces up-spec 675cc Street Triple 'R'

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's frequently said to be more fun to ride than its big brother, the 1050cc Speed Triple, and is in such high demand that waiting lists for the 'Striple' run into several months all around the world.

More...

The R model is slated to have the suspension and brakes direct from the Daytona 675, with a slightly less detuned engine, than the current Street. Being that the ONLY semi-negative information anyone has on the Street is "it could have better suspension", this is sure to be one INSANE ride!

if the 09 striple is a tad lower than the 08 -- it's goodbye frankie; hello triumph #2.

Frankie? That'd be the FZ? Gotta agree the Striple looks pretty cool, and even if the nit is the suspesion could be better, it can't be worse than the FZ's!

Frankie? That'd be the FZ? Gotta agree the Striple looks pretty cool, and even if the nit is the suspesion could be better, it can't be worse than the FZ's!

yeah, Frankie is the FZ. when the first striple rumors were floating around, word was it would be about the same height if not a little lower than the FZ. weird thing is it's all of .3" higher, and that is very noticeable to someone who is notsotall to begin with.

though, now that i am becoming more attuned to the FZ height and weight, that .3" might not seem like too much. plus the Triumph weighs about 40 lbs less than the yamaha.

I had a 2000 Triumph Legend, all I can say is it was AWESOME! Wish I still had it. Triumphs tend to run hot and the fan pushed the heat right up under helmet and we lived in FL.... 100+with 80% humidity full face helmet= miserable! I'd have another if there was a dealer nearby. The seat ht was a problem when I first got it but the seat seemed to sink in a bit and by the time I sold it I was flat foot. My being vertically challenged is what made the heat an issue, to get feet on the ground I was up to the tank. Mine was quieter than FZ and had no vibration, when downshifting it had a whine like a turbo engine :thumbup:

the Legend is a great mid range triple.
900cc and the affordable answer to those priced out of
the TBird and TBird sport range.
lower seat height than the FZ6, upright riding position too.

keep your eyes open for one one ebay or cycle trader. they come up pretty often.

I really like the Thruxton, a nice clean cafe racer. I saw one in black with a checkerboard racing strip and a small quarter fairing, looked GREAT!

if the 09 striple is a tad lower than the 08 -- it's goodbye frankie; hello triumph #2.

sorry to quote myself here, but...
rode an 09 Striple today.
unfreakingbelieveable! my name is on the list for an 09 R.

anyone want to buy a beautiful, Cobalt 08 FZ6, named frankie???

When is your '09 Striple arriving?

What are your main reasons for changing?

My wife is considering one and I'm worried it has a tendency to lift the front wheel. She's on a Hornet 250 and I wanted her to get the FZ6 N.

When is your '09 Striple arriving?

What are your main reasons for changing?

My wife is considering one and I'm worried it has a tendency to lift the front wheel. She's on a Hornet 250 and I wanted her to get the FZ6 N.

first off, i do have to say that i really like the FZ6, so this is not intended to discount the quality of the machine or the ride in any way. if the Striple did not please me as much as it did i would be staying with the FZ6 -- no question.

it's just that when it comes right down to it, i am a triumph girl, through and through. the street triple is the sport bike i wanted at the outset.
the Striple has a "toughness" for lack of another work (at the moment) that i feel is absent in the yamaha, i like the 675 triumph motor. a lot too.

i wouldn't really worry about the front wheel coming up.

i ran the yamaha into the red, in 2nd gear, 111 mph a couple of weeks ago and the front wheel gave no indication of lift off. i don't imagine it would be all that different on the Street Triple.

the R has arrived.
coming home on wednesday.
did the unveiling on friday and the test ride yesterday.
phenomenal machine. i am so thrilled.

thanks to everyone who i shared words and ideas with on the
fz6 forum. you guys and gals are a great group of folks.

stay safe, ride well, be happy.

milo

Looks great Milo! Be sure to post a report on what you think once you get it on the road.

Power outputs of the FZ6 and Street Triple are very similar...what does the "seat of the pants" dyno say, which one seems more grunty....am presuming the Triumph has more torque....would be interested to hear anyone who has ridden one, thoughts.

:thumbup:

Sweet Bike... def one of my favorite bikes out by far :thumbup:

wish I had the 10 grand to pay for one :rolleyes: lol

Sweet! Welcome to the Triumph fam! Great motor, huh? I can't get enough of it.

i've been a member of the T family for 5.5 years. i have an 03 America with over 33,000 miles on it.

actually didn't get to bring the StripleR home until this afternoon.
(when i dropped the Yamaha off it had 7250ish miles on it.)
only put about 50 miles on the Triumph today.
sky was looking ominous, roads pretty slicked down with leaves, and it was getting close to rush hour, so i put 'im away for the night.

so far? so sweet. so fine. so ballsy.

Last edited:
Back