Transformation complete! Its ALL BLACK!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Install of a black powder coat 48 tooth Sunstar sprocket is pretty much the last Silver part on the bike short of the headers, mid-pipe and fork stanchion tubes... All the rest is Black Powder Coat. Not for everyone, but I like it!

I may need a new project now! :D
DSC_8274_zpsqwmmzrbl.jpg

IMG_20150525_130652_096_zpsgrzralwp.jpg

IMG_20150120_153936_030_zps0132fac5.jpg

Yes, a 48 will fit w/2" slack, but the wheel base is shorter now by 3/8"! :( Still on the OEM chain and this is test to see if helps in some low speed corners; i.e. being in 2nd vs 1st. Hopefully I'll know over the week!

Also, this sprocket is about a 1/3 the weight of the OEM due to where they removed material.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I thought MY bike was clean

You put me to shame :thumbup:

Thanks again for all the help

You'll notice I may have had some spare time lately! :eek:

My rule of thumb is; anytime something comes off, CLEAN IT REAL GOOD! And well, because when its lying in ditch, the insurance co will pay more if its not a dirtball! :D

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll notice I may have had some spare time lately! :eek:

My rule of thumb is; anytime something comes off, CLEAN IT REAL GOOD! And well, because when its lying in ditch, the insurance co will pay more if its not a dirtball! :D

Well put! I've tried with some success to avoid the "lying in the ditch" part at least when the bike is involved, but I hate working on dirty bikes as much as you. Late nights and a lot of rags

Take care, good luck on having, um, less spare time :rockon:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, I've never liked the black frame of the s2, but that bike is properly sexy!

Thanks!
Sexy, may not have been the term i was looking for but lets go with that! :thumbup:

The gas pumpers and a few others give her an honorable mentio and she rides great so - I'm happy!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The black sprocket looks pretty nice, it compliments the rear wheel. I don't understand why they don't come in black from the first place, as an option of course.