Visit site
These fellas like travelling light ;)

Ricardo-Kuhn-Cargo-04.jpg

Kuhn-Toilet-on-motorcycle.jpg

And never forget the loo roll :eek:

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes been serviced and mot'ed. got most of my stuff together all the dam documents too.

Headind off on august the 2nd towards fishgard ferry port... its so close now i can taste it. will post some pics when i do the "test" pack on thursday :rockon:

dunno if i should cut off the straps on the oxford tank and tail bag as they take up quite a bit of room, and who really wants a ruck sack :eek:

just go to fit the 12v adaptor for the charger and im ready to head off...

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, all good suggestions.
I like to keep my Camelback in under my jacket, and wear it in it's backpack loaded with ice. Keeps you cool, don't you know.

Did anyone mention an MP3 player? Better than earplugs, IMHO, so you can crank some Motorhead or Sabbath. Shoot even some choice Techno can really enhance a long ride.
I tend to like really spacey mid-70's live Grateful Dead, live recordings of course. Something about listening to a 24 minute long Dark Star really soothes the soul.
Careful going to far out there though, lol.

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
well im starting the packing,,,, man its amazing how much guff i got, and i havent even got to the clothes yet :eek:

IMG_2264.jpg
[/IMG]

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you enjoy the trip Wookie! Planning something similar around Ireland for next year :thumbup: . Fishguard is about 15miles or so from me, every time I see the ferry heading out I can't wait to be taking the trip :rolleyes:, look forward to seeing some of your tour pics!!

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you enjoy the trip Wookie! Planning something similar around Ireland for next year :thumbup: . Fishguard is about 15miles or so from me, every time I see the ferry heading out I can't wait to be taking the trip :rolleyes:, look forward to seeing some of your tour pics!!

15 miles... you lucky bugger, gonna take me over 4hrs to get up there lol :D

made my 12v socket holder today, marine 12v socket was £6 plus £1.00 for the tub, and i had a fef rubber gomits already, should be pretty much water tight now :thumbup:

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

I was going to spray it with lexan paint, but because of customs ill keep it clear until i return ;)

keith2401

Reaction score
Visit site
Having seen a recent newspaper artical do you need to take a dayglow tabard if you are traveling to France its a £100 on the spot fine if you havent got one in a car ?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Having seen a recent newspaper artical do you need to take a dayglow tabard if you are traveling to France its a £100 on the spot fine if you havent got one in a car ?

This is a good point.
I am leaving for France in the next couple of hours and have read you need one in the car...but it does not mention bikes.

Having said that...i was driving down the motorway the other day and a bike passed on the other side, 2 up with all the touring kit on. They were both wearing dayglow vests and you could see them much more clearly than bikers without them. Even from the back.

we will both be wearing dayglow vests on the way down to france and I suggest anyone else who tours on their bike do the same.

Steve

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
i ride all year round anf in the winter months all 8 of them, i use a high vis belt thing, Cool does not stop you from being hit i guess. a judging just how crap some car drivers observation can be, every little helps:rolleyes:

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
From my experience of Ireland, it takes twice as long to get anywhere as you would think, roads in the southern part are not brilliant, traffic is SLOW, and not too many places to pass safely.. Great place to visit, have fun but take your time!

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Well two days to go... :thumbup: starting to get a big grin on my face, bring on the road:cheer:

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
They get midges there? just been on a 1000mile trip around scotland and holy crap the midges up north are brutal

Midgy repellent a must hehe

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Baby wipes. Good for refreshing your face and hands on the road, freshening up 'other parts' in the tent, getting flies off your visor and oil and road grime off yourself and your bike.

Skin So Soft (can't remember who makes it) is good at keeping midges away.

You'll need some form of chain lube as well.
Avon make it, its cheap and excellent.

Wookie

Reaction score
Visit site
They get midges there? just been on a 1000mile trip around scotland and holy crap the midges up north are brutal

Midgy repellent a must hehe

ill rub myself in guinness to smell like a native :thumbup: that might work lol

Here she is all packed up and ready :D

IMG_2474.jpg