touring and guns

would you carry a gun on a moto-tour trip??

• Hell Yea.. its my rigt to protect myself

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No. I would rather not bring a gun

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Maybe on some, maybe not on others...

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

wrightme43

There is no temptation. It is a often repeated myth that normal well mannered citizens become violent killers when they have a tool that kills. It is patently untrue, and false. You are being told over and over you are not competent to make decisions that carry life or death consquences. YOU are infact competent to make this decision, carry it out, and carry on.

A armed society is a polite well mannered society no matter what Hollywood would have you believe. Almost all crimes are commited by psychopaths with a proven track record of violence. These dangerous people are the problem. NOT a simple piece of machinery you can hold in your hand.

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
Id rather let whoever wants to mug me just mug me, instead of me gettin carried away, killing the **** and going to jail forever

I cannot believe someone would actually feel that way. Sadly, you deserve to be mugged.
I live in Colorado where they just observed the tenth anniversary of the Columbine shootings. We have license plates here that say 'We are all Columbine' and I really resent them. To me Columbine was about being a victim, about putting your faith and your life in the hands of the police, who don't come until its too late. I may still end up being a victim of a crime one day, but I won't be waiting for someone I don't even know to come and rescue me, and I certainly won't be a passive victim.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Im from the UK so we arent allowed guns anyways...but...i still wouldnt carry one.

Id rather let whoever wants to mug me just mug me, instead of me gettin carried away, killing the **** and going to jail forever

A gun is never gonna help unless a lion jumps out the bushes and wants you for tea, but the temptation to use it elsewhere would make it too risky

This response creeps me out. What if the mugger also wants to rape your wife? Or doesn't want a witness to his crime? Why would you go to jail forever if you are defending your life? A gun would help in a large variety of situations that do not involve lions, and if you are tempted to use a gun elsewhere then you probably need psychological counseling because that isn't normal.

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so...

this weekend we had the whole family together and they were all asking me about my upcomming motocamping trip to upstate ny (at least i think thats where i wanna go) ... but my mom brought up some convo about having a smaller type hand gun (as opposed to a desert eagle).. now the girlfriend (someday wife) is a little opposed to having a handgun.. but the question is, how would you go about defending yourself against a bear or other types of larger animals and protection from "crazy" people.. now i have no problem going through the courses (by the way, which ones would i need: pistol permit, concelaed weapon permit??) and am perfectly legal to get one... but reallym, would it be that useful to me, or would a good hand axe and some knifes work just the same??? thoughts? opinions??

Black bears are pretty skiddish and won't bother you unless you seem like a threat to their cubs. They're prevalent inn the Berkshires and the Adirondacks. They roam across my parent's property quite a bit (the trash is now locked up and the bird feeders taken down). A can of pepper spray is probably as effective as a pistol (small cal) in deterring them if they get that close to you. You should really read up on black bears and know how not to attract them or surprise them.
You're sure to run into many crazy people on your trip, no matter what state you go to. 99.99 percent of them are harmless. The other 0.01 percent are probably phishing on the internet and not even close to where you'll be traveling. Violence against motocampers is way down since it's high the 1970's.

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
norm-45074d753d60c-Terminator+2:+Judgment+Day+(1991).jpeg

Who needs a handgun?

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a nice fanny pack that sits on my hip perfectly that has a holster built in to the the pocket. My Glock fits nicely and the pack as a quick release.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm.... don't ask, don't tell. I wouldn't recommend trying me though. ;)