TopEnd.tv Episode 6 - 2010 Kawasaki Versys

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Finally finished and uploaded the latest episode. In this one, we kick around the 2010 Kawasaki Versys. Definitely a different and interesting bike.

Episode 6: 2010 Kawasaki Versys

Again, for those of you who have a Facebook account, don't forget to go to the page and 'Like' us! :D
TopEnd.tv | Facebook

Oh, and here's Jen stylin' on the Versys:
kawa_2010versys_00012.jpg

jimmu

Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda annoying that she gripes about the exhaust and wind at speed when those are modified from stock...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda annoying that she gripes about the exhaust and wind at speed when those are modified from stock...

I noticed that too. I would necessarily call it *annoying*. More like misleading to someone who might be interested in this bike. It gets noted that the screen was cut down (but even this might be confusing to a nOOb), but I don't think it was ever mentioned that exhaust was aftermarket (which it was).

Having said that.. it was fun to watch :thumbup:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Good points. Although I made a mental note to mention the wind screen and exhaust, by the time post production came around, those aspects were overlooked. Since all of us who work on the project are average working folks, some of the episodes from start to finish can take a couple of weeks or more to complete. Totally my mistake on forgetting to mention of the obvious differences between the bike we reviewed with mods and one that is standard.

Thanks for mentioning your thoughts and concerns. Comments like this is what helps us to try and make the best show that we can.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Totally my mistake on forgetting to mention of the obvious differences between the bike we reviewed with mods and one that is standard.

Sounds like more flogging is in order *queue the sheep!* :BLAA:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I owned a 2010 Versys (the exact model you had.. sans any exhaust or windscreen modifications)... I sold it because it had a paint mixer for an engine... You must of had a smooth one because mine was a Harely wanna' be...

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
When my internet resets i'll give it a watch...
I'm slighly biased because i own the 2010 Versys :D
Wind sucks on the 2010 with the stock screen too, although depends on how tall you are... if your shorter, you get no wind buffeting but cant reach the ground lol... definitely giving myself a reminder to watch.

Another note, Canadian, maybe you got a bad one? My 2010 shifts smoother than the 08 FZ6 i've ridden? :confused: I've seen that before though.... two friends owned same bike (cbr600) and one was great to shift, other one it was like Klunk-in gear-jerk....who knows...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Another note, Canadian, maybe you got a bad one? My 2010 shifts smoother than the 08 FZ6 i've ridden? :confused: I've seen that before though.... two friends owned same bike (cbr600) and one was great to shift, other one it was like Klunk-in gear-jerk....who knows...

Shifting wasn't the problem, my Versys shifted just fine... it was the vibey, busy engine that bothered me... My Fz6 and even more so, my V-strom are dead smooth compared to the Versys....

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
All in all, it was a good bike. Although it didn't get rave reviews from either Jen or myself, we definitely had some fun running it up and down the road. Kind of think we may have pi$$ed off the owner though since we didn't necessarily sing the bike's praises. He won't return any of my calls. Lol! :D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Shifting wasn't the problem, my Versys shifted just fine... it was the vibey, busy engine that bothered me... My Fz6 and even more so, my V-strom are dead smooth compared to the Versys....

Hmm, mine doesn't bother me... then again i'm used to riding motocross bikes so maybe i've tuned out buzziness.:rolleyes:

Only thing that's ever annoyed me was the fairing buzz, and that was quickly fixed with some duct tape :thumbup: