Top Speed???

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Top Speed

Me and a friend rode our bikes to a classic car show and on the way he pulls along side of me and points for us to race. He was on one of his classic bikes, !978 Kawasaki KZ1000. We were doing about 55 and not really knowing the bike that well with 700 miles on her, I only dropped down to 5th, shouldve dropped to 3rd. He dropped lower.We stayed side by side till the FZ6 reached a good RPM, then I left him. Later he asked me how fast I was going when I let off. He said he was doing 110 when we were side by side. I would say 130 because I had got a quarter mile a head of him. I never looked at the speedo. :don'tknow:

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site

The best I ever did was 148 indicated bone stock with just the airbox mod. I go on a pretty high performance ride on sundays and have topped it out numerous times. That ride is out in the country on some pretty nice farm roads. I would not do that stuff in the city.

B

bluenova

Fastest I've done is 210 Km/h (130 mph) on a clear motorway. I wouldn't feel comfortable going any faster on a public road, but would love to go to a track one day.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site

Fastest I've done is 210 Km/h (130 mph) on a clear motorway. I wouldn't feel comfortable going any faster on a public road, but would love to go to a track one day.

I've done one track day, and the best I got was 110ish. You try to power out of the corners into the straights to pick up speed and then the next thing you know you are having to brake and shift gears to set up for the corner. Very intimidating for a first timer.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site

I haven't gotten it up to speed in awhile, had a scare with a cop a few weeks ago, but before that I had it up to an indicated 130, was only there for a second then let off. Too fast for me. I was trying to keep up with my psycho friend on a R6. He hit around 160+.

Evil_Knievel

Reaction score
Visit site

I've had mine up to 152 indicated.. It was on 1 mile long bridge with high dividers.... It'll run up to 140 in 5th like WOT then 6th pulls it up to 150 fairly quickly , But then it go's like 151,151,151,152,152,152, And I start running out of room, However the bike is only showing 10 1/2, 11 G's.. So I'll buy the 157, but it took a little while to get it huh??? my old 929 would do like 160 or so in the same length but it felt way better and had a whole lot left.... 152 is way fast enough... Cause seriously dude, these are supposed to be touring bikes, compared to an 08 sv650, I had 10+ links...:D

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

113 mph that is what I saw on the speedometer, on NH highways I know it is only half of Defy's but hey.... I didn't want to become a road apple.

DrummerBoy83

Reaction score
Visit site

Was riding with my friend. He has a GIXER 600, and I have my trusty steed (FZ6) I decieded to get crazy for a min, and pushed it up to 141, to beat my previous high of 127. It felt really good, but only for a minute till reality caught up to me and I had to slow WAY down. It was a little rush to go faster than I ever have in my life, and to know that I have a machine that is more than capable of doing it is very satifying, and maybe a little scary at times. :rockon:

HowlFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Indicated 133mph.

Then logic and reason overpowered my right wrist. It took a while, though...

and I enjoyed every second.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site

Mine got 244 km/h. (152 mph) I guess it is the normal top speed.

Maybe it could get to 250 km/h but not yet!