Top Speed???

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My best (on a dyno) was 249km/h. The speedo was reading 276km/h. This was at 5,500ft above sea level which is a power robber.

The bike is standard apart from Akrapovics.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My best (on a dyno) was 249km/h. The speedo was reading 276km/h. This was at 5,500ft above sea level which is a power robber.

The bike is standard apart from Akrapovics.

Would be nice if we could ride in a vacuum and didn't have to worry about wind resistances :p

harrymattu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys...

I cant go over 205 kmph most of the times. All you guys who are posting max speeds over 230 kmph, is that frlom a stock fz6? i weigh 90 kgs... wonder if that has something to do with the max speed ;)

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was 247 on speedo.
Plain stock bike.
Straight stretch, very nice road in the dessert.
Following a friend with CBR600rr who was not doing much more.

was totally hugging the tank, my feet on the passenger footpegs and i was looking through the windshield.
took too long to go from 235 kph to 247 kph. May be a minute or 2.

Note: I weigh 98kgs, i'm big, not tall :D

cheers

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Best I've seen since the -1 sprocket is 138mph actual(GPS Verified) ofcourse I wasn't trying to squeeze every bit that was just pretty much where it quit pulling decent. probably get close to 145 with enough road but it would take a while I'm sure. BTW I weigh 250lbs.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys...

I cant go over 205 kmph most of the times. All you guys who are posting max speeds over 230 kmph, is that frlom a stock fz6? i weigh 90 kgs... wonder if that has something to do with the max speed ;)

Stockasarock 5th gear at 12,000 RPM will give you 200km/h.....I was told by a mates, nextdoor neighbour's, vacuum cleaner travelling salesman:thumbup:.

Still got a gear to go.:D

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah im pretty sure he's related to my sisters husbands cousins uncle's step
mums former room mate :rof:......WOW hows that now we are like brothers through knowing this guy :D....Talk about freaky coinsidences

He used to live next door to me...but dissapeared one day, in the deep dark depths of the night, after 2 blokes in black suits, and dark sunglasses turned up! :rolleyes:

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My personal best is 245km/h considering i'm 86 kg. I think it had about 3-5 km/h more.... this was done on an empty highway early in the morning and with no other vehicle around me ( just for the history):thumbup:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
What? We seem to be on the same page Def ...I was just too lazy to type it all out. Great point about being at the mercy of the enviornment. That's why I said save it for the track.

I just think the whole "Hey, how fast can you go?" thing is a wee bit juvenile. Seriously, who cares. At the end of the day what does it get you?

Yes I've gone fast on my FZ6, but never bothered to try and max/pin it out. I'm a 'what if' kind of rider..."what if there is a deer around the corner, stalled car, gravel, pot hole, etc." I agree that an airstrip or straight track would be a fun place to try it and about the only place I would consider doing it.

+10

The sums up the thread about "how fast will it go"...anyway, based on true GPS speed on a stock FZ6, let's just say around mid 140'ish at sea-level, flat ground with no wind and less than a 200 pound rider.

Fred

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
+1

/thread?

Yes please, /thread. Long overdue.

Besides, technically this thread goes against our forum rules as seeing how fast your bike can go on public roads is very 'illegal'...

Disallowed specific topics
We're all about freedom of speech, however there are some topics that don't belong here, such as:

Running from the cops.
Police bashing/slander.
Breaking the law.
No satanic threads/links etc.
Politics. Unless posted in the Underground Politics area
Any form or racism PERIOD.