Top Speed???

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the other day i hit 146mph and that hit the flat point, but, i have -1 +2 sprockets and I'm not to sure what the real speed was. I have the speed-o-healer but i hear that they are a little off.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I went up to 130 on a relatively flat straight at night. Unfortunately didn't have the balls to go any faster. Maybe during the day line I will try again.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats amazing, have you had any mods done to your bike because they should only go 145 max? Were you going down hill?

Not from a technical standpoint. The way the initial gearing as well as the stock 16/46 gears are set up, redlining the fz6 in 6th gear on paper will get you up to 169mph. So if he is a smaller guy, some basic engine mods (exhaust, air filter, possibly a PCIII), 160 is obtainable with a smaller rider in a full tuck and a very flat road

Yamaha566

Reaction score
Visit site
154, top speed on very good conditions, I could lose a little weight though so I may slow it down a little. lol

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would be nice if we could ride in a vacuum and didn't have to worry about wind resistances
I've seen 255 on the speedo on the open road.

dude you just busted his only hope at getting laid.:rockon:
Well luckily my wife is impressed by more important things than how fast my bike can go.

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Fastest I got mine to was 240 km/h (about 150 mph) however the GPS showed 220 km/h (about 136 mph) and reading tests about the stock fizzer they state top speed 220 km/h so I guess that is about right as I did it fully stock.

Right now the mechanics is changing to Arrow can and cat replacement, PC3, K&N and 520 stage 1 conversion, so it will be interesting to check that out when I get back home, should be about same top speed I guess due to the stage 1, but it should move much faster there.

I will dyno it as well to see what the bike is after that, as I am curious.

Cheers Bard

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a go today. Head wind and a slight up hill. Managed 226 km/h on the meter, but it felt like I could have done a little more. Nothing I want to do again any time soon. The difference between 200 and 226 is actually quite severe. I can't even begin to imagine what 300 is like....:eek:

jimmytwosheds

Family Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Not from a technical standpoint. The way the initial gearing as well as the stock 16/46 gears are set up, redlining the fz6 in 6th gear on paper will get you up to 169mph. So if he is a smaller guy, some basic engine mods (exhaust, air filter, possibly a PCIII), 160 is obtainable with a smaller rider in a full tuck and a very flat road

When I pass my bike test I am going to take my bike out to see what it can really do. I am 5'11' and 13 stone and my bike is standard apart from an ABS bellypan so we see what my personal top speed is given the conditions....:thumbup:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Went on a 250 mile round trip today and managed 131 mph up a slight incline with a side wind and a rear box. Not too bad. I wonder what I could get without the box on the back.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard that...

With a +5" windscreen and Givi v46 top case, it will top out at an indicated 137.

Chopped windscreen and no case gets almost 150.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
When I pass my bike test I am going to take my bike out to see what it can really do.

Wow, so much wrong with that statement. :spank:

Do yourself and every else you share the road with and jsut foucs on being a safe rider. At least untill your 2nd week of being licenesed when you feel you now know everything....

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Wow, so much wrong with that statement. :spank:

Do yourself and every else you share the road with and jsut foucs on being a safe rider. At least untill your 2nd week of being licenesed when you feel you now know everything....

+1 - This is an accident waiting to happen.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I totally agree boneman, but seriously, who didn't do this their first week of riding? No, it's definitely not smart, but it's kind of what you do when you first experience the rush of having so much power in the twist of your wrist.

Maybe most people aren't as dumb as I am (or was, anyways), but the first time I rode a sport bike I pushed that thing up to 140mph before I got scared and backed off...Haven't pushed it like that since, but I guess that's why so many new bike riders crash. They have all the power, but no experience.

Jimmy, if you insist on testing the speed, please do it somewhere flat, safe and secluded. And for the love of pete keeps those legs tight and that front wheel under control!

whew! ok, that's all for now :D

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm an older guy with very little to prove. One of pre-death goals was to top 100 mph on a motorcycle. I hit 104 last Summer (let's forget the speedo healer thing). I'm good now, so I pretty much flow with the traffic - even on the twistes!

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, I love fast too but I have a family and kid and I have nothing to prove so I pretty much keep with or ahead of the traffic.

On one occasion I did push the bike a little bit speedo showed 118mph and could have pushed more but I decided to ease up on the accelerator. BTW this was on a pretty much straight road in West TX with no traffic whatsoever and miles of visibility on a clear day.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I totally agree boneman, but seriously, who didn't do this their first week of riding?

Umm well, I didn't. I was scared poopless of the power of my FZ6 my first month or so on it! I had ZERO desire to 'puch the limits' right out of the gate. Never really been a speed junkie. As my MSF instructors all said, "any idiot can make a bike go fast in a straight line" (not too many can do a proper U-turn :thumbup:)

So can we close this thread now!?!? Like seriously, who cares how fast someone can go. Yippie for you, you went super duper fast, you win a cookie....can we move on now?

Also considering this was and is the ONLY post the OP ever made on this forum.....started a stupid topic then hasn't been heard from since! Thanks for signing up...

Last edited:
S

sm00thpapa

Fastest I've gone on a bike was in the BRC at 30 MPH. Can't wait to get on my bike and hit at least 40 MPH. Hahahahaha.....