Top Sellerie Seat Poll

Based on feedback you have seen, will you still condiser Top Sellerie for your FZ6 seat purchase?

• Yes, I will buy from TS

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • No, I will not buy from Top Sellerie because of their poor customer service history

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
So you are thinking of buying a Top Sellerie seat...

You hear all about how good these seats CAN BE, but then hear about the company's terrible customer service issues.

Will you still make a purchase from Top Sellerie?

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Too much grief for me to 'saddle' myself with.:D

When I can buy a seat locally and go to the shop to solve any problem.... that's much better than what is happening to Top Saddlery's customers. There are custom seat shops in Seattle, and Portland that do very good work and tailor the seat to the customer while they are present to ensure it works the way the customer wants.

I know for a fact I can have my OEM seat re-upholstered with 'good' foam for less. Less time, less frustration, less money.

Seems TS doesn't even have a guaruntee any more, by how they are treating paying customers.....

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Im hoping to get a ton of replies and votes and then send the link to this thread off to Top Sellerie. who knows, it might help.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hesitate in purchasing any of "those" seats just because they're expensive + you have to pay for shipping, which is another cost to pay for. I agree about going locally, this also helps support local business owners. There's a very good car upholstery shop by me and I intend in taking my seat there for some improvement. I'm sure it'll cost less and if there are any issues, I can always take back easily rather than having it ship back. Just my $0.02 :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a member here so you can PM them and they will get an e-mail on their end. ;)

The issues with them are only very recent. My issue with them, as I stated was very unique but I still did not agree with their reasoning, policy, or how it was handled, but they did, in the end, still provide me with a high quality, as-ordered, seat.

These are all just recent so something is wrong with their processing at this time, something they need to fix soon. We've had a LOT more stories of great products and successful business with them in the past and only a few problems in this past year.

I'm not defending them, just pointing out that this is all VERY recent and definitely needs to be addressed by them. I'm not sure that a poll with only two options for voting is an answer. People here will vote based on the threads of late and a lot of people who wouldn't order one at all, or simply cannot afford one might vote and skew the numbers.

It would be best served to write them a clear and concise letter, from those that have issues with them, and let them know their frustrations and ask for a resolution, as a consumer, that will satisfy the customer, not the company. They should know that there are disgruntled threads here about their company. Perhaps a poll with more options?

• Do you own a TS seat?
  • Are you satisfied as a TS customer?
  • Are you actively seeking a new seat and will buy in the next 30 - 60 days?
  • Would you consider a TS Seat?

Just some thoughts... I ramble... ;) Sometimes I try to be too rational. :spank:

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the poll selections needing more diversity, I tried to edit it to add more, but it seems one cant do that. I did mean for the poll to be very simple though.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Put me down as "Yes, I will buy from TS as soon as I hear some positive resolution to outstanding issues".

Shame really, cuz they just put up 6 "bargain" blue seats.

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine about a month ago. It arrived within 5 days of placing the order. There was no damage and is about 80 percent more comfortable than stock. I know others here have had a bad experience but mine was good.:thumbup:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would also be curious to know if the folks that are having problems are custom ordering their seat. I ordered mine (about the time others were having issues) - and the one I ordered was one that was pre-made and listed on sale. No issues and loving it! (Now only if the weather would cooperate and I could ride this month!)

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if I'm more protected if I order w/ a credit card. If it shows up damaged, wouldn't I be able to either make TS take responsibility or have them file a claim w/ the shipper for the insurance. If they refuse, I believe I am free to dispute the charge ...

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i orderd one got it quick! no damage and i love it.. i would say their customer service is great

No offense meant, but I'm not sure how you could say the customer service is great unless you had something go wrong and had to deal with them.:don'tknow:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
i orderd one got it quick! no damage and i love it.. i would say their customer service is great

How exactly do you know how their customer service is? Have you even spoken to them?

I would agree if you said their product is great, or your transaction was wonderful, but how can you say their customer service is great?

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i have a seat and love it. but if i were thinking about getting one now i wouldn't. and i don't think it's just jman's experience. it seems that unless you have a seamless transaction you are going to have trouble. i haven't read a single thread where someone had a problem and TS worked hard to resolve the issue. i hope the FZ6 sticks with me for a while and my seat lasts. if either of these change then i'd look somewhere else for and aftermarket seat. sorry, but they would seriously have to change their CS for me to put them back on the map.

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
How exactly do you know how their customer service is? Have you even spoken to them?

I would agree if you said their product is great, or your transaction was wonderful, but how can you say their customer service is great?

i actually did speak to someone before i orderd and they where very helpfull....
customer service is not only there for complaints or problems. i get ****ty customer service at best buy everytime i go there and i dont buy something everytime or have issues its the pre purchase customer service that counts in my eyes.. and yes if theres something wrong good service is needed then too.. no need to get so aggressive right away!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i actually did speak to someone before i orderd and they where very helpfull....
customer service is not only there for complaints or problems. i get ****ty customer service at best buy everytime i go there and i dont buy something everytime or have issues its the pre purchase customer service that counts in my eyes.. and yes if theres something wrong good service is needed then too.. no need to get so aggressive right away!

Oblinox, no aggression was meant on my part. I just didn't understand your point of reference. I am glad you had a good experience with them. ;)

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a point of observation on customer service:

Rule of thumb #1: Most companies are usually happy to help with good customer service when it comes to taking your money.

Rule of thumb #2: The true measure of a company's customer service is when the s**t hits the fan, and mistakes need correcting.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
No way after seeing everything on this forum I wouldn't touch them with a 100ft pole.
Also customer service is to me what you judge when something goes wrong. A friendly person trying to sell you their product is nothing new. I've seen the people in bike stores selling noobs the worst crap under the sun with the best 'service' ever.
Its the reaction you get when something on their end is wrong, and they need to work it out that you truly see if someone is worth their salt.

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my seat from them and couldn't be happier :thumbup: :thumbup: The seat is exactly what I ordered and it's very comfortable. I had no problems with shipping, damage or price. Very top quality seats.