Too small for me?

lo miles2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

Doing some research 'cause I found a used 2005 FZ6 with 10,500 miles, clean one-owner. Sat on the bike and it feels pretty good, but can't take test ride 'cause it's snowing. I'm 5' 10" 220# with 32" inseam and long arms. Haven't owned newer bike for awhile, last was '96 Smokin' Joe's CBR600 and even though it looked cool, was alittle small. Would lock at the hips after an hour or so.....it was good enough to ride to Mid-Ohio but that's about it.

Going to use the bike for 65 miles round trip to work. Like what you all have posted. My commute is mostly highway at 70-75 mph.
Am I too big for an FZ6? I'm still tempted to buy it and ride it for the summer but willing to make simple mods to make more comfortable. Thx...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not too small at all. Dimensions are about the same as on 1000cc bikes (almost identical for FZ1).

The only thing that's going to make it feel somewhat cramped is the stock handlebar. Very easy to swap it out for another bar with less back sweep.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the fz6 is designed for big people, after owning an fz6, any time i hop on a liter bike, they usually feel smaller than my bike

fz6 vs supersport?

that's a difference in category of bike. the difference you notice is that of sport-touring vs supersport not big bike vs small.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'm about your size, and the FZ6 is almost too tall. I can't put my suspension over 5 cause then I can't even touch both feet. On 1 I can just barely flat foot it. I still run 2-4 depending on the ride cause I hate the softer suspension.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
6 foot, 235 pounds here (think big guy) and the 6 has worked perfectly for me for 4 years now. I've done tons of all-day rides (350+ miles) and comfort isn't a problem. Of course, I'd HIGHLY recommend trying to find an aftermarket seat (I've got a Corbin) because the stock plank is awful. But size-wise, you'd be fine on the FZ6.