Tires on Amazon?

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be purchasing some Michelin 2ct tires for the bike and was wondering about doing so on Amazon.

The price is better, but I guess that concerns the skeptic in me. Is there any reason not to go to Amazon? Are the tires older or worse condition compared to a regular online motorcycle store?

Simple question. Just checking if any of you had negative, or positive for that matter, info about buying moto tires on Amazon.

Thanks

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually purchased a pair this winter and will be installing them soon from Amazon. I believe that manufacturing years on them were late 2010 and mid 2011. They don't come in a box, but mine arrived in great condition.

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, those are my exact two concerns. Older tires (2011 isn't that bad) and condition.

I'm just think in comparison to RevZilla or something similar to that. I love the price, but don't want old tires, ya know?

Amazon is amazing to deal with, and I love the site, but just don't want to take any risks with something like this.

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon is amazing for so many things, but even if Revzilla were $10 more per tire, I'd still buy it from them.
They recently sent me a very new Metzeler, packed nicely in a box.

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I am actually getting the Pilot Road 2. Been looking at too many tires online haha. Typed the wrong one.

Anyways, the prices are not different enough to justify going to amazon it seems like. Time to buy some new tires - Revzilla here I come!

:Sport:

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon is amazing for so many things, but even if Revzilla were $10 more per tire, I'd still buy it from them.
They recently sent me a very new Metzeler, packed nicely in a box.

I just bought a Shinko 009 Rear from Revzilla and it did not come in a box. Perfect condition though. They were the cheapest price anywhere as well.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's the same make and model, Revzilla will price match. So if you're seeing that tire on Amazon cheaper than Revzilla, give them a shout.
ZLA Rocks.:rockon:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, interesting site. I have bought my tires from the local Cycle Gear - good folks who are there and don't mind giving a few $ to help local folks keep a job. Big advantage is I know the source and can put my hands on the tires before I purchase so know the manufacturer date and if it "looks and feels" good.

Noticed the Pilot Power 3's were more expensive than the Pilot Road 3's. Have been trying to decide between those two for my CBR. Dont do track days but commute and take trips with some "fun" stuff tossed in there. Power 3's would be stickier in warm weather but the Road 3's are better in rain and colder weather and don't have to warm them up.