tires, and a heck or a ride

gonnacrash

Reaction score
Visit site
tires, and a heck of a ride

First what tires do you guys recommend for spirited riding, bike currently has battle axes which did okay. But I would like something a little more performance oriented but will last more than 3k miles.

Now for the ride part.

Went on a ride with an r6 and a KTM 1190 today, we did over a 100 miles. Saw speeds of, well slightly over the limit, including a slight hill that the front of the bike came a foot off the ground at 85+ mph. That was just a little unusual coming from a ninja 500, the KTM was off the ground. I don't know how low I got in the turns but I think it was getting close enough that I think I want stickier tires. Doing this type riding the fz6 did just fine, now I did not push it near as hard as the ktm, but he knew the roads. The r6 guy only really pulled away from me once but he also was taking it easy

Last edited:

gonnacrash

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading I think I will be shopping for the Michelin pp3 ct2 or what ever they are. I had the pilot street radials on the 500 and they were great.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I think Michelin Pilot Road 2 is an excellent tire. I ran 2 sets of them for 13k miles each. Grip was quite good and they are decent in the rain.

I am running the Angel GT's now for about 1200 miles. I have to say I like the Pilot Road 2's better. The PR2's give better feedback in the corners

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I would agree with FB400 about PR, I run rear PR4 and Shinko in the front.
The Shinko needs replacement in a 1000 miles I guess.
They were put at 3100 and the bike is running 9100, with 3X700+ mile trips on the weekends and a daily commute, total miles from March this year.
The rear PR4 was at 4500 miles I guess, and they still look brand new. I get lot of compliments from the other riders.
Now for the grip, they give outstanding grip on the twisties and in rain, I didn't go more than 65 mph (videos coming soon), as I'm scared, not because of the tires.

Anyway, they give better mpg, price is good as they last 10k miles atleast, compared to 30-40$ cheaper ones which last only 3-5k miles.

If you need performance, Pilot Power or Dunlop Q3
http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/220-tires-fit-reviews.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/38369-tyre.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/55587-pr4-front-12-5k-miles.html

are some links which can give more information.

RevZilla does pricematch (with similar retailers) and offers free shipping too.
So, get the cheapest price online and request them (if you don't trust the other online sellers).
Good luck.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my Angel GTs. Good on both street and track. Long wearing to boot. Haven't ridden anything else except the Angel ST, and I had no issues with those either.