Tiger out of service

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Well I finally had a problem with the Tiger 800, one of my fork seals is leaking and even when standing still I have some oil on the ground so no riding until I can get it fixed. :(
Will be next week until the seals come in and then I can take the forks off and take them over to my Triumph mechanic.
Guess I'll have to ride my mountain bike to get my two wheel fix:BLAA:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that's not a big deal except your a$$ won't understand why it's not bouncing around through turns for a few days. I'm getting ready to do my valve lash check coming up this week so I probably won't be on for a few days either.

Good luck with your forks! :)

Have you tried seal mate? Check it out! Fix Leaking Fork Seals With | SealMate.net

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally had a problem with the Tiger 800, one of my fork seals is leaking and even when standing still I have some oil on the ground so no riding until I can get it fixed. :(
Will be next week until the seals come in and then I can take the forks off and take them over to my Triumph mechanic.
Guess I'll have to ride my mountain bike to get my two wheel fix:BLAA:

Jerry

Any chance its just some debris caught in the seal? Sometimes you can wipe the stanchion, bound it, then quickly fully extend it and see the straight line of oil extending up and down the stanchion - indication of debris trapped in the seal preventing full wiper contact. It seems some Bug shells are harder than oil seals!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though the two bikes are not the same, my seals didn't start leaking until 70k. Just one side, but had both redone.