Tied Dollar?

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen this a lot and I can't find out why. What does having a dollar tied to the cables of your bike represent?

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
If a homeless guy comes asking for a dollar at a light, you hand that dollar to him. Otherwise it would be impossible to take off your gloves, pull out your wallet and hand the cash to him, and put your gloves back on before the light turns green.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I always wondered how I could ever donate a buck to a guy standing in the intersection. Like mentioned, pretty damn difficult to take off your gloves and dig for money when your on your bike. Now I know.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant really lock your doors when your on a cycle..... So i speed off.
I will give them some change sometimes. Or a cig if im in the cage with someone who smokes

S

sm00thpapa

Why would you give him a $1.00 anyway? Tell him to get a damn job and stop begging.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Toll booth! When you don't carry your Easy Pass.

I don't give money to homeless people. I'll give them food, but never money. They will use it for drugs or alcohol.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I really came up with that at that moment guys..:D I dont wanna tell anyone like its a fact or something.

Im sure it has some silly meaning between some cool rider doods.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't give a dollar to anyone, they have to be creative. A while back, there was this guy holding up a sign that said "Why lie, I need beer" so I gave him a buck.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Toll booth! When you don't carry your Easy Pass.

I don't give money to homeless people. I'll give them food, but never money. They will use it for drugs or alcohol.

Tolls is what I thought of.

I WILL give spare change to homeless people if they admit they're going to buy booze with it.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't give a dollar to anyone, they have to be creative. A while back, there was this guy holding up a sign that said "Why lie, I need beer" so I gave him a buck.
I refuse to give money to the Salvation Army at Xmastime because they park their damn setups right in front of grocery store doors. About three years ago I walked up to one and, instead of ringing bells, he alternately held up small signs reading "Ding" and "Dong".
I gave him a buck. :rolleyes:

Back in the early 90's one of the Albuquerque newspapers had some full-time jobs to fill, and a smart reporter started going around and talking to all the street leeches with "Will Work for Food" signs. He did that (if my memory serves) for an entire weekend, trying to hire one of them.
No bites. Not a nibble. And these were full-time jobs, not a weekend yard job! I keep my dollars.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think it means any of the things mentioned on here. I think its something stupid like......a mohawk for instance LOL. see avatar. Why do people hate mohawks? there just helmet mods, It usually lets me know that the rider has a sense of humor and is fun. I always give money to people who need it, I hope that god blesses me with kind people when I'm down and out. not all of them are on drugs and booze.