ticket wrong body type

trd555

Reaction score
Visit site
if i get a fix it ticket from a chp officer and he put that it was an 07 blue yamaha r6 but it is an fz6 would that make the ticket null and void?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably as long as the plate number is good the ticket is good. What was the fix-it for?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
exactly the type

Cycle gear has some nice Pricey ones but when I go to buy them I'm bringing a 12-14 volt dc power source to check them out before I purchase them.

At least it's a fix-it ticket! :rolleyes:

I don't know what your sched. is but if you need help let me know. I'm in Mira Mesa...I do electrical....:D

Esra

Reaction score
Visit site
Any fault on the ticket makes it void.

I had one thrown out after i called them and pointed out that the ticket said something like Friday the 17th of January and the 17th was a saturday.

Argue it.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I think technically Cliff is right, if they do some work you still have a ticket, however if you point out a mistake alot (not all) of the time instead of doing the work to get the ticket they just throw the case out. Could be wrong but i had a friend with a Camaro get pulled for speeding, officer wrote down as it being a Trans Am (who knows how that happened) he pointed it out to the town and they gave him a weeks extension on the paying it but gave him a edited ticket with the correct model on it and still had to pay.... could go either way....easy way would be to fix it, have better signals and avoid the ticket w no hassle all in one....just my .02

Rick

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think technically Cliff is right, if they do some work you still have a ticket, however if you point out a mistake alot (not all) of the time instead of doing the work to get the ticket they just throw the case out. Could be wrong but i had a friend with a Camaro get pulled for speeding, officer wrote down as it being a Trans Am (who knows how that happened) he pointed it out to the town and they gave him a weeks extension on the paying it but gave him a edited ticket with the correct model on it and still had to pay.... could go either way....easy way would be to fix it, have better signals and avoid the ticket w no hassle all in one....just my .02

Rick

Yeah, It's a fix-it ticket. They used to be a $10 court fee and a court officer just checks that it's repaired and you're on your way... Other states charge you a fat fee for a ticket then you have to get it fixed on top but here in California it's not as bad as other areas. I'd just use your energy fixing it. I thinks it's kinda nice to have a ticket to fix it that promotes people getting the job done making the vehicle safer. The ticket becomes a minimal court fee so they're not gaining that much if any revenue from a fix-it ticket.
C'mon over and we'll put laser directionals on it that they can see for 10 miles! :Flip:

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
if i get a fix it ticket from a chp officer and he put that it was an 07 blue yamaha r6 but it is an fz6 would that make the ticket null and void?

To answer your original question... no, the ticket is still valid. As long as your signals light up take it to your local police department and they should be able to sign it off for you. Just pay the $10 fee and be done with it.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Incorrect information on a citation

My experience has shown me that when you mention that there's incorrect information on the ticket, they just say something like "Oh, let me change that". :) Maybe if they wrote down something incorrect as related to the offense itself, or if you had an expensive lawyer it would be different...

I've never had a fix-it ticket (does such a thing exist in Pennsylvania?) but it doesn't sound like too bad of a thing. Especially if it get you to replace some dim LED signals with something brighter. I've seen too many sportbikes with weak LED signals that I can barely see.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
turn signal not visible at 300 feet

That's a ghey law. :spank:

1. totally depends on the intensity of the sun and at what angle
2. totally depends on how good the officer's eyes are....some people can't see a turn signal at 50' on a sunny day!

If it was the stock FZ6 signals you have a problem with the bulb or reflector because they are bright!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On behalf of your life and the chp, is a brighter light really going to bust your nuts or might it save them????

Heed the warning as you yourself said they are dim!
deadhorse.gif
:D

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i kno in nyc that ticket will be void...but thats nyc...u should def fight it tho n those rizomas are really nice!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i kno in nyc that ticket will be void...but thats nyc...u should def fight it tho n those rizomas are really nice!

It's ten bucks The registration is good enough. If a cop writes a ticket and mails it to you all he needs is the registration not the exact model.
Again it's ten bucks! I wouldn't fight it and use my gas and time for a $10 fix-it ticket. In California the officer can give you a fix-it ticket. You should fix it anyway! Use the energy to "Git Er Done!"

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's ten bucks The registration is good enough. If a cop writes a ticket and mails it to you all he needs is the registration not the exact model.
Again it's ten bucks! I wouldn't fight it and use my gas and time for a $10 fix-it ticket. In California the officer can give you a fix-it ticket. You should fix it anyway! Use the energy to "Git Er Done!"

damn i wish they gave fix it tickets in ny...here you gotta get it fixed.. take picz or prove evidence and plead not guilty n show it to them in court..n it hopefully gets dismissed