Throttle Lock Installed

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I do a lot of miles on the motorway so a lot of it is travelling along at the same time. I decided a throttle lock would be the closest I could get to cruise control. I went for the cheapest option as it was just an experiment and it was made by Bike-It and cost me about £35.
The negatives are:-
  • It was a bit of a pain to fit and needed tweaking
  • My brake lever has to be pushed further away which means it sits at a bit of an angle to the throttle
  • It's pretty ugly. Painting it helped, but only a bit
  • I lost space on the grip as well so it's not as comfy as it could be

The positives are:-
  • Riding is much more comfortable now
  • My wrist is much less tired
  • I can relax either hand when riding now
  • My fuel consumption has improved a lot (I'm staying at the same speed more rather than accelerating & decelerating all the time)

I definitely wouldn't do without a throttle lock. But I think the bar-end options are better. I want to tap my Renthal bars so I can use standard Yamaha bar-ends. Then I will buy some Throttlemeister bar-ends and use them.

Here are all the bits I got with the kit. The instructions were a bit pants, but looking at other ones on the Internet already installed on bikes helped work out which way round to install things:-

Eventually I worked out this is the way to fit the rubber inner into the ring:-

I had to trash the part of my grip that normally has a rubber bit that sits against the throttle friction ring to fit the throttle-lock over it:-

Here is the ring installed on the grip. Later on I used an extra layer of thin rubber between the lock and the grip as it didn't fit well enough:-

Here you can see it loosely installed. I haven't tightened the grub screws to attach it to the grip yet, or joined the part that sits on the bars to the part that attaches to the grip:-

Here is a view from above. I actually ended up filing down the sides of the metal ring to make it thinner as it was catching on the plastic it was supposed to smoothly spin on:-

Here you can see it all tightened up after I've filed down the ring. The silver nut that has the star washer underneath it in that picture actually vibrated out a few weeks later and I had to replace it with another that I had to recut the threads for and made it stick using lots of loctite!:-

Here's a side view of it installed:-

Here's a top-down view:-

Here you can see it with the lock engaged to stop the grip from moving:-

I decided to paint the silver bits to make them stand out less:-

Here you can see it all looking a bit more stealthy:-

Here is a top view:-

Here's a side view:-

And a view from slightly further away:-

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the go cruise throttle control its a little bit harder to manipulate but i does the job

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the go cruise throttle control its a little bit harder to manipulate but i does the job
Yeah I looked at that one. It's quite a nice, simple cheap option, but as you said, this one is much easier to use. Also, it's more subtle and it wasn't much more expensive than the Go Cruise! Plus, I thought I'd go for the real thing rather than getting something that may not work properly!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Throttlemeister, it looks good and works, but I haven't yet figured out how to set it safely on the interstate (you have to twist it with your throttle hand...).