Thoughts after installing the Leo Vince

jpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the drilling mod, tried to be strong and not change the exhaust ( and failed).
The install was pretty uneventful, I'm leaving the dB killer in.
The sound is great ( how a sports-ish bike should sound), I think ( based on seat of pants dyno) it revs faster and goes a bit better.
I think changing the exhaust was well worth the $600AUD it cost!
if you're thinking about it, just do it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the drilling mod, tried to be strong and not change the exhaust ( and failed).
The install was pretty uneventful, I'm leaving the dB killer in.
The sound is great ( how a sports-ish bike should sound), I think ( based on seat of pants dyno) it revs faster and goes a bit better.
I think changing the exhaust was well worth the $600AUD it cost!
if you're thinking about it, just do it.

But why stop there! Blah :thumbup::thumbup:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
But why stop there! Blah :thumbup::thumbup:

This right here is my problem. AND that I have you to give me advice/tips on my modifications. I swear, the timing advance and R1 shock are the last mods for a while!

To remain on topic, I think putting and exhaust on the FZ6 is the most noticeable upgrade someone can make. It's a shame that it's so expensive, but when you factor in the increased safety of having a bike other cars can hear, it's definitely worth it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This right here is my problem. AND that I have you to give me advice/tips on my modifications. I swear, the timing advance and R1 shock are the last mods for a while!

To remain on topic, I think putting and exhaust on the FZ6 is the most noticeable upgrade someone can make. It's a shame that it's so expensive, but when you factor in the increased safety of having a bike other cars can hear, it's definitely worth it.

Gotta say I learned something today! Bike is ALIVE and very STRONG! It needs the ignition retard undone in 1st and 2nd as its totally HOLDING IT BACK!!!! ECUUnleashed comes to mind! But 3 and 4th are very strong! Hint!

I have some more testing to do and I may reach out to others to see if the simplest of things can wake these things up..... I'll keep you posted!

/ thread unjack.... :thumbup:

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your fz? I just purchased a set of Leo Vince pipes for my 05 and I'm not sure if I should use the cat delete pipe or keep the catted one on. Due to the 02 sensor I'm not sure where it is relative to the cat.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It DEFINITELY will be louder removing the CAT YK.

Its also not unusual, to get de-cel pop, some loping at idle, as W/O the cat, your flowing more air. An aftermarket fuel management system is often needed.

If you simply want to wake the bike up some without major changes, do the mufflers first ONLY. If not loud enough, pull the CAT. It will have a very nice sound and loose the "sewing machine sound"...

Here's your CAT, part #6: Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6 - FZS6T EXHAUST Diagram

As a side note, I have open SS Scorps on mine, with the CATs, no de-cel popping/back firing, smooth idle and plenty loud enough...

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The S1 does not have an O2 sensor and has a single restrictive mid-pipe CAT (small in size).
The S2 has an O2 sensor and its secondary cat is much larger and flows better but is still restrictive compared to a cat delete pipe. The S2's also have cats in the header. When these all go bye bye it flows like the S1 and you notice a big improvement in throttle rrespons with open cans! Ask how i know!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
The Leo Vince system requires using all the parts so the cat delete is not optional. It fits together like a well thought out puzzle. And as Randy is stating the 2005 doesn't have an O2 sensor to worry about

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Leo Vince system requires using all the parts so the cat delete is not optional. It fits together like a well thought out puzzle. And as Randy is stating the 2005 doesn't have an O2 sensor to worry about

That is a plus for the 2Bro as you can go eitherway; i.e. keep oem mid-pipe(cat) or install delete pipe as the 2Bro Y pipe mates to oem hardware. Something to keep in mind if your locale requires inspection/testing.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a plus for the 2Bro as you can go eitherway; i.e. keep oem mid-pipe(cat) or install delete pipe as the 2Bro Y pipe mates to oem hardware. Something to keep in mind if your locale requires inspection/testing.
That's the reason I asked. They don't do emission tests on the bikes but the inspector will take a look around. The guy I go to runs it out of his shop. I'm still going to wait. Get the bike inspected first then head home and swap the pipes.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk