Those with a Top Box - adding brake/tail lighting

ChadK_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So I really need to add more visibility to my tail end after adding the Top Box (Givi Rack and V46), I have the light kit for the Givi Box, but that is just Brake Lights which I will add to the mix, but I would also like to add additional tail and more brake lights.

What have you added?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put on modulating Hyperlites....SUPER BRIGHT! VERY NOTICABLE! super easy set up w/ posi tap connectors.. i got a givi e450 no brake lights on the box but everyone notices the hyperlites...you see it more than the standard brake light :thumbup:
one downside is the price..:spank:
check em out hyperlites.com

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a coocase topcase that already had brake lights in it. They are not too bright but better than just the taillight on its own. (anything helps).

ChadK_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I put on modulating Hyperlites....SUPER BRIGHT! VERY NOTICABLE! super easy set up w/ posi tap connectors.. i got a givi e450 no brake lights on the box but everyone notices the hyperlites...you see it more than the standard brake light :thumbup:
one downside is the price..:spank:
check em out hyperlites.com

Just followed the link... :thumbup: Great product.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have the Yamaha tail rack and a Givi E46. I too was concerned after installing the rack, as I don't have the Givi light kit.

I bought a red LED strip and attached it to the luggage rack. It wraps around both sides of the rack about three inches, and also covers the center. I then wired it into the brake light.

The rack doesn't seem to block rear light visibility as much as I though it would. I put my FZ6 in front of our minivan, my Trans-Am and my full-size pickup and the givi never really blocked view of the rear light.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
I use this light (LINK) as an extra brake light but it could be wired to the taillight circuit for constant ON. It mounts easily to the botton of the liscence plate. Even though it's LED, it's bright.