Thinkin bout a roadtrip

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
So come the 24th of July I will be done with my summer class. Most of my family will be down in Alabama at my grandparents already and I'd like to join them. I could fly or drive my truck, but we all know the bike will be more fun. I'll be looking around for a nice set of saddle bags to store my stuff and to carry a small(really really small) tent to camp out along the way. Doesn't look too bad, what do y'all think?
null_zpsb1db698c.png

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't look bad at all! Are you splitting it up between two days? I know some pretty good camp spots and sight seeing stops around Jonesboro.

And no, stop it.

Yeah I'm planning on splitting it up between two days and camping over night somewhere in between. I just have to grab some camp gear that'll fit in whatever saddlebags I end up buying

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm planning on splitting it up between two days and camping over night somewhere in between. I just have to grab some camp gear that'll fit in whatever saddlebags I end up buying

I recommend just renting the camping gear. Especially if you don't plan on using it very often.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend just renting the camping gear. Especially if you don't plan on using it very often.

Half of a wall in my garage is dedicated to camping gear lol, I'm just not sure if the one person tent I have will fit in saddlebags. And I just found a tent at Walmart that's only 12" long packed for 20ish bucks. I have all the other stuff id need that's compact enough for bags.

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
If you need to stop along the way and take the second route down hwy 55 from Memphis you are more than welcome at my place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
Take Route 3!!! I would drop down through Springfield (Use to live there) to Harrison, Arkansas, then take 7 South. Just keep taking 7 south until it ends, you go through some AWESOME areas through the ozarks, and then the Quachita national forest. I would go that route, it is awesome.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I'd update, ended up not getting to roadtrip the bike due to family member needs. So I'm driving my truck down to Alabama, but, you guessed it, the bike is hanging out in the truck bed. I couldn't road trip the bike, but I'm not missing the opportunity to cruise the Alabama coast with it!

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming you are done/ getting done with college, Id take as many trips as possible while you have time. Its difficult for me to get away from work and stuff for a weekend trip, let alone a 15hr trip.