6 Weeks Camping Up and Down the East Coast from My FZ6

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I couldn't meet up with you Matt. Still dealing with the house AC:( Maybe on your way back we can meet, give me a heads up:thumbup:
Will do man, if I hear through that area I'll let you know.

Yesterday the weather finally cleared up and I got some more enjoyable riding in. I met a friend at Sea Dog brewery in Topsham, ME. It was a favorite of mine from when I used to live in Maine and highly recommend them to anyone visiting. They are a local brewery and serve good food also. They have 3 location but the Topsham one is the most beautiful its located on an island is the Adroscoggin River. These are a couple of pictures up river from the deck.

WK2VRcC.jpg

SzkNrAp.jpg

After lunch we went for a ride in Harpswell. Harpswell is a cool little town made up of a few islands and peninsulas that reach into Casco Bay. A few more pictures from Harpswell. Lots of great windy roads weaving down along the coast, smell of the ocean flooding your helmet. Its a great place for a ride.

ivdLMgZ.jpg

And you think the wireless pagers at restaurants are cool? How about Lobster pagers at the little seafood shack where we got some chowder (New England Clam of course) and fried clams. I had to take a picture of the pager attacking the FZ6.

EZG7boZ.jpg

Today was just a highway ride to visit family. Nothing new or special. Tomorrow it looks like im going to Boston with my family to visit a few museums and watch the USA FIFA game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
By my calculations, your 6 week adventure should have concluded. Any updates? Did you survive? Kind of troubling considering your last forum post was June 16th! Hoping all went well, looking forward to the post ride brief.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Long long story. The highlights include a 1 night stop at home mid way through ended with me not leaving and beginning talks of divorce. And now I need to sell the bike to lower my debt thanks to the divorce.

Overall the trip went well and was in the ballpark of 3,000 miles. I have alot of photos and a ton of stories. If I ever have a decent chunk of time I'll update with the full story.

It certainly was the ride of a lifetime. And it already feels like it was a lifetime ago.

Also, if anyone is or knows someone who is looking to buy a 2009 FZ6 with low mileage shoot me a message.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Long long story. The highlights include a 1 night stop at home mid way through ended with me not leaving and beginning talks of divorce. And now I need to sell the bike to lower my debt thanks to the divorce.

Overall the trip went well and was in the ballpark of 3,000 miles. I have alot of photos and a ton of stories. If I ever have a decent chunk of time I'll update with the full story.

It certainly was the ride of a lifetime. And it already feels like it was a lifetime ago.

Also, if anyone is or knows someone who is looking to buy a 2009 FZ6 with low mileage shoot me a message.

Matt, I sure am sorry to hear this about your personal life....but I'm glad to hear the trip was somewhat good

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh, sorry to hear the personal news. Hang in there bro, went through the same thing about 4 years ago. Terrible times. But keep your chin up, it gets better.

Glad you had the adventure of a lifetime prior to this.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im entering nursing school. I don't have the time or money to ride. I'll buy a new one in 2 years when I graduate.