Reaction score
Visit site
THE PERFECT BEGINNER BIKE!!!

THE KTM 200 DUKE
-25hp
-lightweight (dont know the specs)
-looks cool like a Supermoto

and it can do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uWMjMVTcU&feature=player_embedded]KTM Stuntrider Rok Bagoros in South America 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
They've been in Britain for a while now but as a 125cc road legal learner bike. Shame Yamaha don't do a 200cc version of the YZF R125 for you guys tho :(

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm seriously loving how so many companies are coming out with smaller cc bikes in the US. Makes for an easier conversation to convince beginners to start small with this many options out there.:thumbup::cheer:

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm seriously loving how so many companies are coming out with smaller cc bikes in the US. Makes for an easier conversation to convince beginners to start small with this many options out there.:thumbup::cheer:

Agreed!, I also like that the small displacement bikes are getting much nicer as well. When kawasaki redid the ninjette, I wondered if they'd keep that design for next 20 years as well.

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya its crazy how we in NA are spoiled with big displacment and high HP numbers.
For example most "cars" in India have less than 900CC engines in them.

I think, once our next generation starts to realize that oil really is a "non renewable" resource, we will see things change more.
In my day a big block V8 was pretty standard, now we can make the same power with a 2L 4 banger...lol..

I would be willing to bet that in 10 years or so there will be laws banning any motorcycles over 750CC..
If I am not mistaken Japan already has some kind of law in that regard.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya its crazy how we in NA are spoiled with big displacment and high HP numbers.
For example most "cars" in India have less than 900CC engines in them.

I think, once our next generation starts to realize that oil really is a "non renewable" resource, we will see things change more.
In my day a big block V8 was pretty standard, now we can make the same power with a 2L 4 banger...lol..

I would be willing to bet that in 10 years or so there will be laws banning any motorcycles over 750CC..
If I am not mistaken Japan already has some kind of law in that regard.

After i got my FZ, the old man began questioning the need for his 1200cc BoxMW. now he just wants an FZ1 so he can 1up me (the FZ6 will spank his R1150r)