things you hate being told about your fz

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
heres a couple i hate hearing:

1. "you have a headlight out"
2. "you'll want a harley someday"

what do people tell you about your bike that you cant stand?

andreigbs

Reaction score
Visit site
1.) Isn't that sportbike uncomfortable after 5 minutes?
2.) Did you drop the bottom fairing somewhere?

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
1. "You have a headlight out" - I get that occasionally too.
2. "Is that a crotch rocket?"

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't say I hate this, but I hear it all the time and it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. People will say things like, "that's an awesome bike man!" or "sweet bike, it looks fast". Don't get me wrong, I like when people make nice comments about my bike or my friends' bikes, but I get the feeling they say that about every bike they see. I've seen people say it to my friends who have completely stock, plain looking bikes. Nothing exceptional or flashy about them and people will still say stuff like that. I know I'm probably just weird, but the comments start to lose their value if you know they say it all the time. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

Unless it's a hot chick saying it...that never gets old and I always like that!;)

About the FZ6 though, I can't think of anything I hate being told. I get a lot of people that confuse it with other bikes when they're trying to show off like they know alot about motorcycles and they say, "Oh I like your [insert super common bike here]".

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to what you hear people say about your FZ, please include as well what your response is. I know some of you are pretty witty and I'm sure I'd get a kick out of reading your responses.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
I hear the headlight thing a lot. People flash their lights or will yell out to me. I just say thanks or wave. A friend of mine just got a CBR and it has the same headlight arrangement. First thing I said to her was "you gotta light out!"

Standard questions I get from friends:
- How fast have you gone on it? (fast)
- How can you ever ride that thing here when it rains all the time [in Seattle]? (With water-proof gear, riding in the rain isn't so difficult as you'd think. And our summers feature virtually zero rain.)

Random people don't generally ask me anything about the bike, outside of what kind of bike it is.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate the "how fast have you had it up to?" bit. Uhg.
I had boner once say to me "nice bike, but its not a ducati". Though another boner asked me "how i liked my bmw?"!! Geesh.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Before I converted my fz6 to a streetfighter, Krid80 told me I had a headlight out lol.

Usually people don't say much about my bike except "that's really cool looking" and for those who don't think it's comfy, I tell them to sit on it. After that they generally they think it's pretty cool.

Alot of people have trouble recognizing it too.

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
How bout I would kill myself on that thing, oh and i'm gonna smack the next person who says that's a sweet scooter.

Melchizel

Reaction score
Visit site
I get the head light thing a lot.... :spank:

What I hate the most is when other motorcycle riders called my FZ the "old people" bike..... all I gotta say is :Flip:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Is that your bike? (No, I am just riding it until they find the real owner)
2. How fast will it go? (Warp 8 on a good day)
3. Do you have a headlight out? (No, the one keeps working and I can't turn it off)
Just kidding. The only comments I have received are about it being sharp bike and it even looks fast sitting parked.

Last edited:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"How does it go?", to which I reply with something like "You twist this thing" pointing to the throttle. Then I usually get a grunt or roll eyes :)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the naked conversion using the Buell headlight and today a guy at work told me I had a headlight out!!! (I used to get that every once in a while when I still had the fairing, just like everyone else). But to STILL be getting it, even after converting, is just crazy. Of course, I've got the Buell headlight set up like the stock headlights, so I guess it's expected.

I did get a funny comment, as well as a new nickname for my bike last week on a group ride. It was the first time one of the women that rides with us had seen my bike since the naked conversion and she said "it looks like that muppet character...you know, the one in the lab???"

Yep...Beaker. LMAO! So, I guess from that day forward, my bike is officially known as Beaker.

What do you think? Do you see the resemblance? I didn't before she said that, but now I totally see it. :rockon:

photo42.jpg

megabeaker5.jpg