Thievin Bastards!

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
It appears someone has pinched my belly pan while parked at work yesterday. Extremely slim chance that it could have fallen off while riding, but I think I would have heard or felt it, and it has 3 bolts that all would have had to fall off at the same time which I've had no problems with in the last 3 years.

Before:

After:

I guess I'm going to have to polish the pipes or buy a new belly pan now (or both).

And I was just about to Plasti Dip the bike this weekend. I won't be doing the belly pan:(

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
So they stole your belly pan, but left you a rear rack and gave you rim stripes... are you sure you took the right bike? :p

Sorry to hear, man, that sucks.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
This is becoming a guessing game of the mods I did after I bought it. Keep it coming......

Seriously though, I've now got to look out for a new Belly Pan. I think mine was a Ermax. The ebay one for $119- is looking the best value for money at the moment.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
It would indeed seems as if you would run it over as well.

My swing arm lock nut fell off and the chain adjuster and I didn't notice untill my chain popped off.

twack

Reaction score
Visit site
This is becoming a guessing game of the mods I did after I bought it. Keep it coming......

Seriously though, I've now got to look out for a new Belly Pan. I think mine was a Ermax. The ebay one for $119- is looking the best value for money at the moment.

new tires and new heel pads, or mabe just painted them

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I see you have the oggy knob fade. Mine have done the same :(

Number plate change? looks different between the two.

Yeah, they're really pale now. And they are real oggy knobs. Not a cheap knock off. Will plasti-dip them black on the weekend.

Correct, change of states. I didn't think of that one, 2 more I'm thinking of that are visible.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah mine are faded too
what do the folk in th US use is it woodcraft?
im happy to import a set but i want best quality

ive tried wax, polish, gumption WD40 just thinking about amorall any thoughts on other methods to restore the orig finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It appears someone has pinched my belly pan while parked at work yesterday.

For feck sake, how low can you get. Is there any CCTV that may have caught the scum at work? This isn't a random act, those toss pots have been watching your bike for a while. Tell us more about where you park, proximity to other businesses and activity.

Nelly:thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
For feck sake, how low can you get. Is there any CCTV that may have caught the scum at work? This isn't a random act, those toss pots have been watching your bike for a while. Tell us more about where you park, proximity to other businesses and activity.

Nelly:thumbup:

It's weird. It's off street parking under a carport at the back of our business. A lot of vehicle traffic (mechanics, car yards around), but no foot traffic. Road is just a one way service road. There is a 4WD Accessory place that shares our carpark though. I thought they might have seen something (no cameras around that I can see). But the bike was probably obscured by a car one side and a bush the other perhaps. And, yes if they've been watching for a while, they may have known there were only 3 hex bolts holding it on so it would be quick to steal.

I have done 3 trips since now to and from work and looked thoroughly just in case it did fall off, but I still can't see that happening. It would have flapped around for a while, then run over it. Just can't see it......

So now, do I buy another for them to steal, or do I put the rear seat cowl on that I've just painted, ready for them to steal that???:(

twack

Reaction score
Visit site
get another one put get one of those alarms that goes off if someone moves your bike around. after seeing your bike im super tempted to get a belly pan like yours. it really gives your bike a certain look