The Riding Game!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While that's a great challenge, that's not how it works. You have to meet a challenge to post new one. So it's up to Nelly now.
Your bike in a stream.

how about we start posting a goggle street view link to our pictures?

Nelly

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BRILLIANT!!

Next challenge: Your bike in a stream

Well I know the perfect spot, just 200m from home, so I could give it a go but don't think I should really qualify as the ride is "not really there"and I would really rather do the ride and post a pic as an"extra bonus"

so its still "your bike in a stream"

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I went for a short 80km ride, beautiful day warm and very mild wind.
I went up the mountain to find a stream. I got to this track.

Image357.jpg

The track was 1 km long and very bad. I dropped the bike three times riding through the dried ruts. Being 5'6" and not being able to flat foot the bike was a bike problem. The ruts were about 1 to 2 feet deep as I got along it. I couldn't turn around so had to just plough on. Eventually I come to the end and a locked field gate. I tried to pivot the bike around to face the other way and I dropped it again.
By this time I was knackered. I could not pick it up. I was knackered and at one point seriously thought about walking back the 6 km's to the last house I saw. So I had a bit of an A-Team moment. After a quick reccie I found a plank of wood and a water butt.
Using the plank I pushed it under the bike and put my gloves on the plank to protect the bike from scratches. After two attempts I levered the bike up enough to get the water butt under the plank. After this I was able to get the bike upright. I was sweating like a pig 20C today.
Image355.jpg

The ride back down the track was uneventful as I stayed in the ruts nearest the bank. So if the bike toppled I just let it land on my leg and I could easily push it upright. All this to find a blood stream lol.
Anyway I found a river, I did not put the bike in it as I thought I would not get it back out. So my picture is my bike as close to the stream as I could safely get.
Image358.jpg

Image359-1.jpg

What a great days riding I loved it.

Nelly

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your (mis)adventures, but so glad you and the bike got home safely.
Thanks for the new challenge! I like it! :cheer:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blockbusters are dropping like flies around here....but they had a nice picture window :)

Next Challenge: At a Park, bonus is you can get kids in the background practicing sports!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
where are you reflected in the window?

nelly

LOL! It wasn't easy to get the bike, reflection, & me all in the shot, so I did everyone a favor and and made the 'me' part as tiny as I could!

Next Challenge: At a Park, bonus is you can get kids in the background practicing sports!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Next challenge: Your bike on a dock with a lake/pond in the background.

Well, I missed this message!!!!!!!!

I took the bike to see my nephews playing soccer on Saturday and, of course, I remembered the Riding Game and snapped a picture (of the previous challenge).

At least it will work as a bump !!!!!

View attachment 35576

Next challenge: Your bike on a dock with a lake/pond in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk