the power does improve..proof

jaybird

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, just wanted to let u know that the fz6 IS a threat with the right mods!! to start, .2008 fz6,scorpion stainless exhaust, k&n filter charger, mesh airbox lid and I actually threw in 4 splitfire plugs...cross referenced w/ stock plugs, and water wetter in the radiator and cat drilled at 1".
BUZZ INC. fuel& air manager box and a tooth down in front! Just went on a ride with a zx6 and cbr 600f4i....they were experienced riders and There were no problems whatso ever keeping and actually cornering better...you really can lay these things down!! all my mods together plus new bike 6999 for bike and around 900 for mods, did work myself! this bike is extremely comfortable revving high and staying there! I also have a 2003 r6 and the fz is more comfortable and fun as all hell! the r6 is a bit more spastic, but not good for the long haul, the motor on the fz6 is the motor from the 2001-2004 r6 only a bit more restricted, but for less than the 600 supersports, you can do these mods and still ride like a retard on a tricycle with these laydown bikes:Sport:

are you all doubters? fellow fz6 riders and still no faith.....Im not aware of any dyno shops in the area though, its proof enough for me because This is my 2nd fz6 and Ive rode with the same group on a stock fz6 and trust me, it didnt have **** for those 6ers! even they were impressed and we traded off bikes for a ride....so hey, just letting you know my thoughts and the proof is in the rider, not some damn dyno ****!:Sport: dont hate on people cause they know what theyre doing, be glad and quit bitching about dyno this and dyno that...shove the dyno up ur cornhole! come out and ride..let me spank the paint off your bike too!

alright, alright....ill try and get proof besides my word!!! damn u people r demanding!!:Sport: And I havent had but 2 cups of coffee dude..haha:thumbup: but I am gonna stick by my first statement about the right mods and you guys should try that set up....youll unleash the real heart of the fz I havent put my fz against my r6 yet...nobody touches my bikes!!! but me!

I actually threw in 4 splitfire plugs

Splitfire spark plugs.

th_SmlyROFL.gif

Anyway, please do a dyno run. And not on a Dynojet dyno either, they're total junk. (You can add more air to your tires and the Dynojet says you just gained horsepower.) Find a good eddy brake dyno and see what it says about your power.

If you have time, go back to your stock sprocket also. I'd be curious to see how much of your power is from the various alterations you've done, and how much is just a gearing change.

I've got a bone stock 07 (stock engine anyway) so I'll be willing to do a run here to get a baseline.

Fred

sounds like a plan...I can change the sprocket in about half hour, now I just haveto find a dynoshop! central NY needs one....i could probably find one in binghamton or syracuse though...an hour ride or so im right in between both

So you're somewhere around Ithaca? I'm from Saratoga Springs...nice part of the state!

The FZ6 rips...we know this! I don't need "proof" but if you get on a dyno that'd be cool. Still 90% rider / 10% bike though.

Won't he still get the same basic dyno numbers regardless of gearing????? Same hp/tq., just more thrust, right?

Splitfire spark plugs.

th_SmlyROFL.gif

Anyway, please do a dyno run. And not on a Dynojet dyno either, they're total junk. (You can add more air to your tires and the Dynojet says you just gained horsepower.) Find a good eddy brake dyno and see what it says about your power.

If you have time, go back to your stock sprocket also. I'd be curious to see how much of your power is from the various alterations you've done, and how much is just a gearing change.

I've got a bone stock 07 (stock engine anyway) so I'll be willing to do a run here to get a baseline.

Fred

I wouldn't say that DJ is junk but I would say the technician operating it could have some serious problems with pulling good data if the set up isn't right. DJ is generally accepted as the industry standard but I too often question the results of there roller runs. Rather, I like to see roller runs where a Factory Pro dyno is used as these give a true horsepower and steady state data stream. There readings are quite often lower than the DJ but then again the units are much more expensive. The most I have ever seen in print from a stock FZ6 was 92.8 rwhp and this was from Motorcyclist in like 2004 or 2005.

Won't he still get the same basic dyno numbers regardless of gearing????? Same hp/tq., just more thrust, right?

Yes he will, gearing is a lever if you will, shorter gearing = longer lever, taller gear = shorter lever. The amount of force applied to the level is the constant, ie: horse power remains the same. And to think I'm an art major...

I wouldn't say that DJ is junk but I would say the technician operating it could have some serious problems with pulling good data if the set up isn't right. DJ is generally accepted as the industry standard but I too often question the results of there roller runs. Rather, I like to see roller runs where a Factory Pro dyno is used as these give a true horsepower and steady state data stream. There readings are quite often lower than the DJ but then again the units are much more expensive. The most I have ever seen in print from a stock FZ6 was 92.8 rwhp and this was from Motorcyclist in like 2004 or 2005.

DJs are good for a relative comparision of changes. An Eddy Current is the most accurate.

Eddy Current Info: AF1 Racing - Aprilia Sales, Parts, Service, Racing, and Dyno Tuning - New Braunfels, TX - Call 877.626.3966

Who is Eddy???

has anybody here done or seen a dyno of a descently modified fz6? I know my r6 was running around 107 in 2003 stock! the claimed HP of stock fz6 fluctuates between websites and postings, but ive seen from 84 all the way up to 98.... is this because of the type of dyno. or just crappy reads?:Sport:

has anybody here done or seen a dyno of a descently modified fz6? I know my r6 was running around 107 in 2003 stock! the claimed HP of stock fz6 fluctuates between websites and postings, but ive seen from 84 all the way up to 98.... is this because of the type of dyno. or just crappy reads?:Sport:

Dyno readings are dependent on a number of variables including the technician and ambient conditions so they can very but not generally by huge amounts.

Back