The Patriot Way

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a longtime Steeler fan that's still smarting over yesterday's loss, so I thought I'd share the following story that I saw on an NFL forum ...

A conversation between a New England Patriot and their child: Patriot: 'Hi son how was school today?' Son: ''Good Dad, I got an A on my spelling test.' Patriot: 'That's Great!' Son: 'But I sort of cheated …' Patriot: 'What? Cheated. How?' Son: 'Well the teacher told us not to copy off of other kid's work.' Patriot: 'And?' Son: 'And I wasn't sure how to spell a few of the words so I kind of peeked at Suzy's paper.' Patriot: 'Hmmm, the teacher told you not to copy, but did she say anything about not verifying your work?' Son: 'No, I guess not.' Patriot: 'So you weren't cheating, you were just verifying your answers.' Son: 'I guess you could say that.' Patriot: 'You weren't cheating son. You were just interpreting the rules in a way so as to give you the maximum advantage. That's not cheating, boy, that's competing with your classmates the New England Patriots Way!' Son: 'Gee Dad, when you put it that way, it sounds great! Thanks Dad.' Patriot: 'You're welcome, son.' Son: 'I only got a C on my math test though.' Patriot: 'Next time sit next to someone smarter.' Son: 'I will Dad.' Patriot: 'I'm proud of you boy."

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so, are you saying that they cheated yesterday? or at any point since week 1 this year?

I am a longtime pats fan and Honestly i am tired of hearing "scandal" cheaters" and other such excuses. I can understand the hostility if they were "caught" at the end of this impressive season having an advantage. They were however caught at the very beginning and i think they have more than proved themselves this year since the incident. They had absolutely no unfair advantage over the steelers yesterday and i am sure they have been under the microscope enough this year to prove it.

It is along the same mentality that if you get caught speeding one time and given a ticket then you must be speeding at all times and therefore should be pulled over and ticketed every time you stat your bike.

That being said i can't wait until next week to see how the Jets hold up against the Pats in a "fair game"

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
not being a big NFL fan.... I am kind of unbiased....

but you may as well get used to the tag

--- you broke the rules and got caught.

funny thing is the Pats are so good they did not need the unfair advantage

football aint it fun....

NCAA Football for me...

GO GATORS

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
so, are you saying that they cheated yesterday? or at any point since week 1 this year?

No, I'm relaying a joke (based on the week 1 incident). If I managed to annoy one single Patriots fan, then my work here is done.

We managed to hang with you through halftime, but New England was clearly the better team in the second half. Hopefully, Polamolu will be healthy for the re-match in the playoffs. We are obviously in need of a safety that can step up to your level (and keep his mouth shut the week before the game :)).

... and you need to ask your insurance company how they would handle your speeding ticket analogy ...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly don't take personal offense to the pats but do enjoy watching them play and i am happy when they do well. I was a bit nervous about the steelers this week since they have a great defense that has the potential to stop the pats and honestly our defense has been playing like garbage for the past few weeks, especially against run plays. I also look forward to a rematch in the playoffs (since i am sure we will see one with the steelers) but all in all, i though jokes had a punchline, this looked like a dialogue that compared the placement of a camera during a football game to cheating on a test in an educational facility that lacked even a punchline.

The speeding ticket analogy was to simply show that there was no comparison of one thing to the other. I guess i don't get good humor :confused: