The Old Girl

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 is my daily commuter. My pride and joy is my 1973 Honda CB350F. Original candy olive paint, and original chrome. Almost 14,000 miles on it. 41 years old and it runs perfect. Anybody else have old bikes? Post pictures, I want to see!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Woow looks like new from the factory. Original and clean with four cylinders.
Low miles. How long have you been riding her?
Would be very nice for a cafe racer project.

I got a 92 virago 250 as a second bike by the way.
Not 41 years old but may be 20 years later it will be.

aa_029.jpg

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, love those old inline 4's. Not many of them around, see one or two every year at Barber's Vintage Festival. Nowdays everyone makes a twin or a single but no small fours or even a triple. Would love to see a 500cc version of the FZ09 with lower seat lighter weight etc.

What is really scary is I remember when they were new!!! :-(

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
Woow looks like new from the factory. Original and clean with four cylinders.
Low miles. How long have you been riding her?
Would be very nice for a cafe racer project.

I got a 92 virago 250 as a second bike by the way.
Not 41 years old but may be 20 years later it will be.

aa_029.jpg

I've had the bike going on 6 years. Been collecting NOS parts ever since. As for a cafe project - I would hate to tear apart such a good clean survivor bike. I have access to a 1975 Suzuki T500 Titan that's "all there". This would be a great cafe/mod bike. 500cc 2-stroke, how fun! I see with your cruiser that you kept it in the Yamaha family - classy :rockon:

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, love those old inline 4's. Not many of them around, see one or two every year at Barber's Vintage Festival. Nowdays everyone makes a twin or a single but no small fours or even a triple. Would love to see a 500cc version of the FZ09 with lower seat lighter weight etc.

What is really scary is I remember when they were new!!! :-(

Yeah, I see a lot of old Honda twins, and CB750's. But as far as the small displacement <500cc 4's - there ain't too many of them left on the road. I would love to get my hands on a CB500F. If you're still in the market for an old looking, air-cooled, in-line Honda 4 there's always the brand new Honda CB1100. Basically a modern interpretation of the classic CB's.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Owning an old bike, collecting nos parts. Makes me an ebay addicted.
How many bikes you have?
I would like to have a 3th bike for a cafe racer project but i have no room for that.

A friend of mine has an ongoing 93 Bmw R100 cafe racer project.

aa_078.jpg

aa_081.jpg

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 is my daily commuter. My pride and joy is my 1973 Honda CB350F. Original candy olive paint, and original chrome. Almost 14,000 miles on it. 41 years old and it runs perfect. Anybody else have old bikes? Post pictures, I want to see!

Very nice! I wish I still had my '73 350SL

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
Owning an old bike, collecting nos parts. Makes me an ebay addicted.
How many bikes you have?
I would like to have a 3th bike for a cafe racer project but i have no room for that.

A friend of mine has an ongoing 93 Bmw R100 cafe racer project.

aa_078.jpg

aa_081.jpg

Dude, eBay gets me in serious trouble sometimes. I feel like a check it 4 times a day. I just found 2 NOS never mounted tanks for the 350F on there tonight....for $1000 a piece. I only personally own the two bikes - FZ6 and CB350F. My brother owns a 72 CB350F in red. Father has old Bonneville, Honda GB500, Ducati 906 Paso, Kawi KLR 650, '69 BSA 441 Victor Special, a RD400 race bike, and a Genuine Stella scooter that we call The Tangerine Missile (cuz it's orange and awesome). So, kinda grew up around old and new bikes. Never owned a BMW before, but they look sweet. That horizontally opposed twin is art.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
this is a nice thread...

i like those small honda s too. you dont find a lot locally either, all the guys that are into resto go for the full fledged 750, which although a nice bike has become a too common site on our roads. i prefer to own an H1 kawi (if i had the money!)

i have a couple of small old bikes. the orange one (kawasaki kh100) is undergoing a major resto (not full). I always wanted an orange kwaker. this one was at my gf dad's garage rotting slowly. it was originally red in colour. One day he came to me and told me that i could have the bike to go to work with, i changed all the wiring and switches, had the original tank and panels painted, re bored the engine and cleaned the carb, new wheels, spokes and tyres and i used it for a around a year as it was to go to work. one day it did not want to start and flooded pouring petrol on the floor and took it to a local mechanic. He said he cleaned and readjusted the carb and all is good to go. i went for gas and the bike started pouring fuel again. in frustration, i smacked the tank! it turned out the float was punctured and he didnt notice it!

the 2nd is a Honda mb100 (h100a). this and the mb5 was the only road going 2stroke bikes by honda. these are not very common locally, i saw this at another mechanic (where i take my bikes now after the mishap with the orange kawi). i told him i would like to buy it. a couple of days later i was the owner of the bike. i bought it because it was a runner and had all original parts on it. the paint turned an ugly pink from the original red, so i had it painted in honda metallic red with new decals. the tyres and wheels had to be changed, and reupholstered the seat. thats all the resto i done on this bike. later i had to rebore the engine as a crank bearing went and did some damage to the bore.

Last edited:

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
SUPER small displacement, very cool! I haven't seen any of your bikes on the roads here. Have fun with the restorations! Is the Kawasaki a 2-stroke? Yes, an H1 would be sweet to have. All those 2-stroke Kawasaki triples (350, 400, 500, 750) were such unique bikes. Problem is, they all rusted away, and the survivors command such a high price. There was a local guy here in Indiana that was selling a dark red 400 triple asking $5000. And honestly, that's about the right price for it. So if you find one for the right price, keep it!