The "Off Topic" thread...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do I do....

I've had an offer from a guy at work , a straight swap of my bike for his 1 owner 2000 Suzuki TL1000R :drool: with only 18000k's on the clock...

His missus has told him the TLR has to go because she cant go with him so he needs a pillion seat , at first I said No but the more I think about it the more tempted I am !!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do I do....

I've had an offer from a guy at work , a straight swap of my bike for his 1 owner 2000 Suzuki TL1000R :drool: with only 18000k's on the clock...

His missus has told him the TLR has to go because she cant go with him so he needs a pillion seat , at first I said No but the more I think about it the more tempted I am !!!!

The Suzuki will be worth more money in years to come.....They are getting quite collectable these days....

Oh and you will love that big V Twin motor, about 25 more horsies than your "Jag", and just about as much torque....

DO IT!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh don't.

You know how I feel about letting my Yami go & keeping a Zuk.

Thank **** I got another Yami in the garage to keep me sane!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TL1000R : 135HP at 9000 rpm /98ft.pd's at 7500rpm
XJR1300: 98hp at 8000rpm / 80ft.pd's at 6000rpm

More Horsepower and torque from the big Suzuki...

TL1000R weight: 192kg's
XJR1300 weight: 245kg's

52 kg's lighter for the V-twin...

Both have about a 21 litre fuel capacity.

The Suzuki's seat is 30mm higher than the XJR, the reach to the bar's, and seating position aint built for touring...

Red book private sale value for a 2000 model TL1000R is $6500 - $7700.

Red book private sale value for a 2009 XJR1300 is $9700 - $11500.

The Suzuki has dubious rotary damper rear suspension....

Any of that help Humpy???

:thumbup:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Was a yamaha aus yesterday for a new model update and they showed us their new toy it's a 2 stroke boxer set up engine. You have to have a real helicopter license to use it. And you can't buy it only lease it from yamaha.

Clutched

Reaction score
Visit site
What do I do....

Do NOT get it, unless you're willing to ditch the rear shock and fit an Ohlins unit, and fit a decent steering damper.
There's a reason the TL was called the widowmaker.
If you want a 1000cc Twin, get a Raptor. Ridiculously fun.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about the TDM900 here at Bill's Motorcycles in town - 100kms on the clock. (yes, one hundred only), I think it's a 2009 model - and you could pick it up for like, $9k or less!

Brilliant tourer, with a comfortable 24kms to the litre riding two-up over the Cardwell range, (400kms+ to a tank) and it's in perfect nick. (just a couple of test rides)

Jump on a plane and check it out!

Parallel twin with V-twin timing - sounds v-twin horn, with all of the extra torque of the parallel twin.

I had a 2006 model and it was fantastic, great two-up and nice easy tourer.

One of the most under-rated bikes in my opinion.

Call Bill's and speak with Nick Feathers ((08)8232 1077) - mention me and he'll look after ya!

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about the TDM900 here at Bill's Motorcycles in town - 100kms on the clock. (yes, one hundred only), I think it's a 2009 model - and you could pick it up for like, $9k or less!

Brilliant tourer, with a comfortable 24kms to the litre riding two-up over the Cardwell range, (400kms+ to a tank) and it's in perfect nick. (just a couple of test rides)

Jump on a plane and check it out!

Parallel twin with V-twin timing - sounds v-twin horn, with all of the extra torque of the parallel twin.

I had a 2006 model and it was fantastic, great two-up and nice easy tourer.

One of the most under-rated bikes in my opinion.

Call Bill's and speak with Nick Feathers ((08)8232 1077) - mention me and he'll look after ya!

Cheers,
Rick

Sounds like your interested yourself, is there a move back to the TDM in the wings for you buddy???

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like your interested yourself, is there a move back to the TDM in the wings for you buddy???

Not a chance - still have the loan on the FZ6 to satisfy.

I just know how good they are, and how under-appreciated the TDM900 is.

Fantastic long distance tourer - when I rode my Z750 from Ipswich, through Brisbane to Townsville - when I got to Townsville, I couldn't even look at it for a couple of weeks.

On the TDM850 & then the TDM900, riding from Townsville or Cairns to Brisbane and further south was enjoyable - didn't have any soreness and I actually did 200kms+ the very next day on each occasion!

An easy 400kms per tank, riding two-up is nice too!

For a sports bike, the TDM is ok (ish), but as a tourer it's second to none, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a chance - still have the loan on the FZ6 to satisfy.

I just know how good they are, and how under-appreciated the TDM900 is.

Fantastic long distance tourer - when I rode my Z750 from Ipswich, through Brisbane to Townsville - when I got to Townsville, I couldn't even look at it for a couple of weeks.

On the TDM850 & then the TDM900, riding from Townsville or Cairns to Brisbane and further south was enjoyable - didn't have any soreness and I actually did 200kms+ the very next day on each occasion!

An easy 400kms per tank, riding two-up is nice too!

For a sports bike, the TDM is ok (ish), but as a tourer it's second to none, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Rick

The TDM is a very under rated bike in Oz....it shouldnt be, cause it's a perfect bike for this country!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't bother waiting Jamie, I'm not going to make it sorry buddy.

Life interjects on my riding yet again.....

I waited 10 minutes, and then a good song came on my Sena, and i bolted!

:rockon:

Was a very relaxed ride...except for the car that tried to kill me....lucky i knew the corner and was hugging the verge, cause if i had been in the middle of MY side of the road, i would of been toast!

Anyway, remember, i am heading out again tomorrow...