The "Off Topic" thread...

I think the hardest part is getting the tank up, and figuring how your going to get it to stay up (bungee onto the back rail worked for me) and how to stick the damn thing onto the bike under the seat.
The cables are just a matter of matching them up :p

Humpy thinks its pretty cool that Mrs Humps has Todd Waters on the Op table repairing his broken Clavical :D... For those who dont know MX :thumbup: Todd Waters #47[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xorfFxX6UE&feature=fvw"]YouTube- TODD WATERS[/ame]

Last edited:
I think the hardest part is getting the tank up, and figuring how your going to get it to stay up (bungee onto the back rail worked for me) and how to stick the damn thing onto the bike under the seat.
The cables are just a matter of matching them up :p

Just take the tank off, it's only two more screws at the front....and disconnecting of the fuel hoses...they dont leak when removed...gets the tank out of your way, and prevents risk of damage, if it falls, etc.

:thumbup:

Will have to remember that for next time, although I'd be nervous to disconnect fuel lines, with the way my luck runs I'd end up with everything on fire or something equally silly.

Will have to remember that for next time, although I'd be nervous to disconnect fuel lines, with the way my luck runs I'd end up with everything on fire or something equally silly.

If you disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel pump end, you will have no drama's....

Now can someone please tell me the colour code for a black metallic tank on an FZ6???

:confused:

This seems to be the universal code for you mate , hope its helps :thumbup: Yamaha 0903 Black Metallic X (SMX) - ColorRite

Cheers for that! Tcp in Spain where asking me which black my bike was! Apparently there are 3 different blacks that Yamaha use! One is more of a grey! Just needed to know which of the 3 codes they sent me to choose from was the right one! Now I know! Radiator panels on the way!

Some of you may remember that the company i work for was sold & the new boss is just a piece of S..t to be quiet honest so i had the long hard think about what i was going to do.....Well after a month of umming and ahhing i finally decided to look for another job & today i scored one :cheer: :cheer: Better money , only 40 hours a week & nooo weekends :rockon: more riding time for the Bris Fizz boys :D Means my holiday plans have been shelved for 12 months but i know it'll be worth it in the long run :thumbup:.... Just thought i'd share my happiness for the day

Some of you may remember that the company i work for was sold & the new boss is just a piece of S..t to be quiet honest so i had the long hard think about what i was going to do.....Well after a month of umming and ahhing i finally decided to look for another job & today i scored one :cheer: :cheer: Better money , only 40 hours a week & nooo weekends :rockon: more riding time for the Bris Fizz boys :D Means my holiday plans have been shelved for 12 months but i know it'll be worth it in the long run :thumbup:.... Just thought i'd share my happiness for the day

That's awesome Humpy...You gotta be happy to be rid of the A-hole, have more cash, less time at work, more family time....er, i mean riding time! :D

You might even be able to spoil yourself with a new towel! :D

Congrats Dan,did the same thing myself last year :thumbup:

BTW me and the family will be in sunny QLD the end of next month :cheer:

Thanks Mick , let me know when you are up here & i'll get out to see you :thumbup: Might even be able to drum up a bike for you :D

Last edited:
How lame am I?

I am away for the weekend, at a resort in Perth (going to Nitro Circus tonight....... YAY :cheer:) and I've bought the laptop :eek:

Lost my poster of the day though, guess who to?..............

How lame am I?

I am away for the weekend, at a resort in Perth (going to Nitro Circus tonight....... YAY :cheer:) and I've bought the laptop :eek:

Lost my poster of the day though, guess who to?..............

Yep...i have finished detailing the bike.... :D:D:D Even took it for a decent ride this arvo...peeeeeeeerfect weather!

:D

Moving house sucks! :(

True that :( but on the bright side....... Im loving my new job , office work & i are such good friends already :D Cant believe how easily ive made the transition from driving :cheer: but then again i was really , really , really over the whole truck driving 6 day a week thing :( :spank:

True that :( but on the bright side....... Im loving my new job , office work & i are such good friends already :D Cant believe how easily ive made the transition from driving :cheer: but then again i was really , really , really over the whole truck driving 6 day a week thing :( :spank:

Great to hear Humpy...

Now that you have got all this extra time, how bout coming down here, and helping me sort out the "new" workshop!!! There is crap everywhere right now...and as for the new house....it is a big old Villa with 14 inch thick walls, and 22 feet high ceilings...it also has not had a renovation since the 70's....you should see the curtains!!!! And the Kitchen....and the groovy 70's smoked glass insert's in one of the internal doors...

Might be time to drag out the Platform Soles, The Bell Bottom Pants, the Body Shirts with extra long cuff's, and collars, oh, and of course, the gold cuff links...I feel like i am living in Alvin Purples House! :D:D:D

hehe, the funny thing is, (with your job), you've probably got all that stuff in your wardrobe too...lmao.

Good to hear you're liking the new job Humpy, driving a desk is a BIG change from driving an 18-wheeler.

:rockon:

Ok my friends i've finally figured out this whole Rudd Stimulus Package :thumbup:

It's a slow day in a dusty little Australian town. The sun is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a rich tourist from down south is driving through town , stops at the local motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

The owner gives him keys to a few rooms and as soon as the man walks upstairs, he grabs the $100 bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.

The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his drinks bill at the local pub.

The publican slips the money along to the local prostitute drinking at the bar , who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer him "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the motel and pays off her room bill to the motel owner with the $100 ..

The motel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveller comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything.

However, the whole town is now out of debt and looking to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the Australian Government's stimulus package works. :rof: Got it now :D

Back