The Ninja 1000

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder what the fuel range is? The number one thing I hate when I take roadtrip is start worrying or looking for fuel after just 100 miles. This what makes the FZ6 so awesome, almost 300 miles on one tank!

No way will it do 300, but it does have a 5 gallon tank and I bet it'll get at least 40mpg if ridden conservatively (I'm just guessing).. so figure 170 miles should be safely doable between refills.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
But you have/had a KLR 650? :eek::confused:

Ahh, you busted me :thumbup:

Yes, my gen 1 klr is a good mule but I don't care for the GenII much. This is a Yamaha forum so I like to skunk poke the pile once in a while.

That said I still believe Yamaha and Honda are way above Kawi and Suzuki in fit & finish. Had 2 Suzuki work quads for a while, getting parts always took a while- went to Honda quad and all is well, a way better machine

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somehow, I had a feeling that you were going to say something like that.

I really like Caladin's set up with the two red bottles that hook on each side of his frame, kind of like two fire extinguishers. It looks good.

Here is my spare fuel, it is a $5.00 John Deere tractor manual tube and a $16 1L fuel cell that fits in it perfectly:

c5e6ef9e.jpg

I will try to get a close up shot of it and the fuel tube. The bracket to mount it was super easy to make as well as my pvc pipe topcase rack on the bike lol.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh, you busted me :thumbup:

Yes, my gen 1 klr is a good mule but I don't care for the GenII much. This is a Yamaha forum so I like to skunk poke the pile once in a while.

That said I still believe Yamaha and Honda are way above Kawi and Suzuki in fit & finish. Had 2 Suzuki work quads for a while, getting parts always took a while- went to Honda quad and all is well, a way better machine

Sadly i have to agree with you there, i think Yamaha and Honda are a ways ahead of kawi with the fit and finish like you say... Would be nice to see something radically different from them in the liter+ category... the zzr was a great bike but they ditched that for the zx-12/14 iirc....

I actually suspect my next bike will be my dads concours 1000 or his zzr 1200 :)eek:) when/if he ever gets bored with it (not likely lol)

Next bike i buy though will likely be an addition to my current. probably a liter bike, might stick with 2 cylinders (sv1000s?) or maybe a triumph triple, or a FZ1/FZ6 :rockon: