The Ninja 1000

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm behind the curve on this one, but I just found out this bike exists:

And I like it more than an FZ1 for "down the road" daydream upgrades. Much more! :D Epic bike.

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 First Ride - Motorcycle USA

2011-Kawasaki-Ninja-1000-2.jpg

030711top-i.jpg

_34D4742.jpg

It's pretty much a touring variant of the Z1000 I guess. But with that much sportiness with hard-luggage options and good ergos.....awesome. Just awesome.

This is a pretty great category of bike and it's great to see another addition.

And it looks hot. So hot.

Me likey.....a lot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnMFSH9x-lA]MotoUSA 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 First Ride Video - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice bike! I would have to get rid of the exhaust though. Too bulky looking.
The rest of the bike looks great! Saw a Z1000 up on Palomar Mountain about 3 weeks ago and the owner loved it and road it fast. He was melting a set of BT-023 Stones!

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm behind the curve on this one

Nailed it! :BLAA:

.. but seriously .. yeah we've discussed this bike on here in several posts. Most who have tested it loved it. Some loved it so much they're actually planning to buy it.
I *almost* tested it, but the line was too damn long. I'm kinda glad I didn't get to ride it cause I'm pretty sure I'd want one.

D

Dave.TX

It sure has a purty mouth! I like's me some fairings on sport touring bikes. Guess that's the old person in me.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine owns a motorcycle dealership and carries Kawasaki. He got the first one in and called me to come and test drive it. I loved it!! I won't be selling my fz6, but do have my eye on a used 09 Ducati Monster 1100!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the new ninja 1k may have stole me away from a triumph sprint st. i may pick one of these up in the spring.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder what the fuel range is? The number one thing I hate when I take roadtrip is start worrying or looking for fuel after just 100 miles. This what makes the FZ6 so awesome, almost 300 miles on one tank!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Kawasucki my arse! The funnest offroad bike i've ever ridden was a Kawi and the bike with the most "holy crap my face just got ripped off" factor is also a Kawi! :Flip:

That being said the ninja 1k does look appetizing, but i think a fz6 or Sprint is in my future first :D

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and we had a KLX 250 - that was awesome... :D

+1 friend had a KLX, thing handled like a champ!

My KX125 (two stroke) was my favorite bike, i loved that old beast, sad they stopped making it :(

I still maintain that you haven't truly experienced dirtbikes until you've ridden a 2-stroke...I absolutely love that powerband!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder what the fuel range is? The number one thing I hate when I take roadtrip is start worrying or looking for fuel after just 100 miles. This what makes the FZ6 so awesome, almost 300 miles on one tank!

That's what fuel cans are for.

:D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha yeah. Doesn't matter what bike you have. Just make sure the travelling fuel tanker formally known as LoneSoldier is somewhere behind you and you'll be alright.