The FZ6 is on the top of my list

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Ft Worth,
I just made my mind up to get my first motorcycle. I plain on taking the training class in November, and hope to get a bike at the first of the year. The FZ6 is on the top of the list, along with the Versys. From all my research the FZ6 looks to be the most economical of the two bikes. Not to mention it's the best looking sport bike in the class. When the time comes for me to purchase my bike, I hope to find an 06 or 07 FZ6. Any color will due as long as the bike comes from someone who loved her. ;)
I'm starting to get my gear ready, and found a great deal on a textile jacket for $59. I'm now looking for a deal on a large, very lite weight helmet. Any tips or suggestions would be great. I plain on being as safe as possible, and will full gear up. :rockon: I will be buying as I find deals on quality gear.
Until then I'll keep lurking on the web site for more reasons to buy the FZ6.
Thanks.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Just so you know, after you complete your MSF class, you get a 1 time 15% off purchase at Cycle Gear, so if you need to get more gear try to get it all at once if you have the money, and borrow the gear for the class.

You've come to the right place to get info about the FZ6!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just so you know, after you complete your MSF class, you get a 1 time 15% off purchase at Cycle Gear, so if you need to get more gear try to get it all at once if you have the money, and borrow the gear for the class.

Actually, most stores (cycle gear) will make it retroactive. Buy gear for the class, pass the class and bring in your completion card along with your receipt and they will reimburse you the discount, along with anything else you decide to buy that day.

But's a one time discount so make it count.

I also recommend the store since you are a new rider, you need to have somebody who knows how your gear should fit. It's a bit different than buying ordinary clothes.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I go to different bike shops to sit on and try on gear. I didn't think I could beat $60 delivered to the house on a textile jacket. The 10% is very good. Thanks for the tip.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny I wish I knew you before I took my class, LOL!! I could've saved some money on the gear that I bought at cycle gear before my class!:spank:

Well that's why we created a MSF forum for those folks who have any questions about learning how to ride. I'm not the only Rider Coach here on this forum, who would be glad to help.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well and you get a discount on insurance if you take the MS class... (at least in CT you do).. as for hte bikes, I have heard good things about the versys... but I think you might be happier overall with an FZ6.. oh and welcome to the forum :thumbup:

cowboytk

Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on joining the mc community. it is a brotherhood and one that all are apart of cruiser or sport riders. now just for my .02 i would suggest the fz6 not only because i have one and love it but because i started out on a 2003 yamaha vstar 650, it was a fun bike but lacked the power..now the versys is a nice motorcycle but it is a parallel twin and only has bout 60 hp to the ground which may seem like alot for a starter bike but you want something you can enjoy for a long time and not want to upgrade after a year or two. take the advice for what it is, but i would really recommend the fz6 it is a much better bike in my eyes...just fyi before i bought my fz6 i test road the ninja 650r and the suzuki sv650s and of the three i picked the fz for comfort and user friendliness.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to buy a bike today. The deal was to good to pass up. The FZ6 was my first choice. Then I found a 07 Ninja 250 with 2440 miles never dropped and well cared for. The price was $1000 :eek: For that price, I think it was meant for me to start on a 250. I hope to make the FZ6 my next bike.
Great web site here guys. Thanks for all the good info. I'll continue to hang around if thats ok.:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to buy a bike today. The deal was to good to pass up. The FZ6 was my first choice. Then I found a 07 Ninja 250 with 2440 miles never dropped and well cared for. The price was $1000 :eek: For that price, I think it was meant for me to start on a 250. I hope to make the FZ6 my next bike.
Great web site here guys. Thanks for all the good info. I'll continue to hang around if thats ok.:rockon:

Definitely hang with us! 1K for a 250? What a deal!!!!:rockon: I know so many people including me that would love to have one of those. My son had one. Great bike! :thumbup:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site

How long has this discount think been going on? I didn't hear anything anout it when I took the class back in 09.... wish I did. I still even have the MSF card from when
I graduated... could it still be used?

fureinku

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome, im from ft worth as well, my 1st bike was an FZ6, sold it, now im in the market for another one, thats right, its a badass bike

as far as helmets, id keep an eye on a gmax gm68s, its a lower end helmet but as their slogan states, which ive found to be true, its a better fitting helmet.
each purchase includes a smoke tint visor and visor bag.. my favorite helmet so far, about 100 shipped..

TSBA meeting is tomorrow 7pm, texas sport bike association, feel free to join up meet the guys, and join the group if you want, mature natured group, AMA chartered

Christie's Extreme Burgers

(817) 656-9999
North Richland Hills/Richland Hills
5209 Rufe Snow Dr
North Richland Hills, TX 76180

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
My first bike was a 2002 Buell Blast. I think you will be very happy with your choice.

Make sure you layer up if you are going out riding this time of year.

Oh and :needpics:

Lets see your new baby!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I need help. I'm going to look at some bike this weekend. All 07 FZ6 1st Black with new tires and 8k on the clock. 2nd Red with two brothers and 7k on the clock(will need new tires). 3rd Red stock with 2k on the clock(will need new tires).

A 07 with only 2k on it, what should I look for?

What's the best value????

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, congrats on getting the 250R, that is a great bike to start on and at that price I wouldn't pass it up either. Don't worry because there will always be great Fizzer for sale that came from loving, caring owners. Ex. Pretty much everyone on here.

If you haven't taken the MSF course yet please do so, its required now in TX to get your M class. Also, since your in the Metroplex please check out Moto Liberty in Dallas, they have a great selection on gears with super friendly staff as well.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, congrats on getting the 250R, that is a great bike to start on and at that price I wouldn't pass it up either. Don't worry because there will always be great Fizzer for sale that came from loving, caring owners. Ex. Pretty much everyone on here.

If you haven't taken the MSF course yet please do so, its required now in TX to get your M class. Also, since your in the Metroplex please check out Moto Liberty in Dallas, they have a great selection on gears with super friendly staff as well.

The 250 is for sale, and I love my 07 FZ6. I took the class, and have been ridding for 14k miles now.

How do you like your bike? Are you as happy as I am?

Reaction score
Visit site
I am loving the new Fazer but I do miss my 500R dearly.
I couldn't be happier with but it did develop a weird symptom on sunday where I couldn't down shift from 4th to 3rd as I was coming to stop but today it just went away. ><'' so weird.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I am loving the new Fazer but I do miss my 500R dearly.

I'm so happy the 250 was my first bike, but the FZ6 puts the same dumb smile on my fase when I ride. Maybe in time I'll miss the ninja, but for now I want all my bike time in the seat of the FZ. I had the 250 for two years 14k miles, so that I would not look back and wonder what if. Glad I did, and now it's FZ6 time.