The FZ6 is no longer offered for 2010

StratLC

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that last night when I visited the site. I hope we can still get stuff for our bikes, and they keep parts for us at the shops for quick fixes if we need them.

StratLC

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I saw that last night when I visited the site. I hope we can still get stuff for our bikes, and they keep parts for us at the shops for quick fixes if we need them.

StratLC

Federal law requires anyone who sells a vehicle in the US to provide support for it, for 7 years after the last sale......

azfz

Back in the saddle again!
Reaction score
Visit site
41k on mine and only probs i have are the danged front forks and breaks.

I want to upgrade it all to new stuff but cant find after market stuff here in the states.

It is sad to see the bike being pulled out of the line up. All yamaha had to do was update the fz6 to have a full fearing or at least that pan fearing and the inverted forks from an R6 with wayyyy!!!!!!! better front breaks. And then it would have sold like hot cakes.

I know if they would have done that I would have traded my current fz for that.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
41k on mine and only probs i have are the danged front forks and breaks.

I want to upgrade it all to new stuff but cant find after market stuff here in the states.

It is sad to see the bike being pulled out of the line up. All yamaha had to do was update the fz6 to have a full fearing or at least that pan fearing and the inverted forks from an R6 with wayyyy!!!!!!! better front breaks. And then it would have sold like hot cakes.

I know if they would have done that I would have traded my current fz for that.

You can do the R6 fork mod to get adjustable forks and upgraded brakes for around $300 plus or minus

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that totally sux ... I know most would advice against it but I do feel the FZ6 is a great first bike (especially for taller guys and there's no way you can compare FZ6R ergos with FZ6). Letting the FZ6 go is just sad ...

No kidding! I'm 6'5" and got the FZ6 as my first bike at age 48 (by which time I perhaps have better control of my right wrist ;)), but my biggest problem is that the bike is sooo perfect for me, it seems impossible to find an overall better package to trade up to! Even the FZ1 doesn't fit me as well. I'm sad to see it fall out of the lineup, but really glad that I got mine before it went away!

wpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be leaving the Yamaha :thumbdown: Sport lineup, in its entirety, after my FZ6 dies or is sold. (2005 w/ 17,000 miles.) Its reliable, generates good power, and I've made it into a decent mid-sized sport-tourer.

The only way I'd consider staying on a Yamaha is if I make a switch from sport to cruiser, otherwise, I would seriously look at BMW, Triumph S-triple, and Buell

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed this myself the other day. I tell ya I'm some glad I got a 2009. I was going to buy one a couple years ago new but I desided to wait. Got mine May 26, 2009 and love it. Its a great little bike that I don't plan on parting with any time soon. I put over 7500 km on it since I got it. I don't like the FZ6R model. It's a whole different bike. They shouldn't even called it that.
I am just really glad I got the last year produced. :Flash:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sad to see our beloved FZ6 getting axed.
Interesting to know that last month my local stealership was very eager in buying my fizzer. Wonder if he knew Yamaha wasn't selling it anymore for 2010 and he wanted his grubby hands on one and sell for a premium??

Ares

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
Here is the final product... Looks way better than the stock scheme IMO. As cheap as used FZ1's are, the demise of the FZ6 shouldn't hurt too much.
I guess I should post this over on the FZ1 forum too.
BTW, you can see the whole process on my website here.

FZ1%20final1.jpg

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the final product... Looks way better than the stock scheme IMO. As cheap as used FZ1's are, the demise of the FZ6 shouldn't hurt too much.
I guess I should post this over on the FZ1 forum too.
BTW, you can see the whole process on my website here.

FZ1%20final1.jpg

very pretty! now can someone please do something about that exhaust? :Flip:

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Well , thats just tiddles, and to think my 09 will be the last, of a hell of a good scooter......gee won't be long from now and the OME parts bin will be getting dry...got 845 km's on this puppy now, and I'am super impressed considering the displacement and the versatility.........:D

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a very good point!! The FZ8 makes perfect sense to battle with the Z750...the only thing IMO that makes for slower FZ6 sales in the U.S. is the fact that it is detuned compared to the R6...... if the FZ8 has more power than the R6 ,and is cheaper and more comfortable to ride I would think it would be a big seller her in the American market.... :rockon: :D

Was just looking at Kawasaki site.. dont see the Z750 anymore either...

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
I've seen one - the graphics aren't cleared in and the pearl white on the tape doesn't match the paint. I'm kinda picky about that stuff. The local dealer here has one and it looks good but it is still the wrong colors:)

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen one - the graphics aren't cleared in and the pearl white on the tape doesn't match the paint. I'm kinda picky about that stuff. The local dealer here has one and it looks good but it is still the wrong colors:)

Yeah, I'm sure yours is MUCH better. I just figured some may be interested in the lazy but $$ method.

Tim

Reaction score
Visit site
I was afraid this was going to happen. I was really hoping for a 2010 fz6 with r6 forks and revised ecu for smoother throttle response. Looks like I'm going to have some modding to do as I will be holding on to my bike for a while. An fz8 would be great but I'm not very hopeful. Does anyone know if it is possible to put an R1 exhaust on an fz1? I really like our under the seat exhaust.