the center stand...

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
has a rubber stopper on it! on the right side, that is, that prevents it from banging into the belly of the bike. i was filling up at the gas station the other day on the center stand and guess i let the stand whap back into place a little too hard while rolling forward to get going, and while riding i noticed my left heel was touching that pad that you use to step on to get the stand down. i thought i was going crazy because i hadn't noticed it before, and after a few miles i kinda liked the feeling of it there. it was sort of like i could rest my foot a little. then today when i fired up the bike to come home from work, i decided to give it a closer look to make sure indeed it was always like that, and sure enough, i monkey with it a little and this rubber pad about the diameter of a quarter and maybe 3/4 inch thick falls out from underneath the bike :eek:. i'm like, oh crap, what is that and where did it come from. i didn't see anything on the left side, but when lowering the center stand on the right side, there is this groove where it slips into. so i popped it back in and no more left heel touching the pad. thought it was worth mentioning in case this has happened to anyone else and did not know about the pad. i wonder how important it is to have there, i can't see how it helps anything other than prevent metal on metal contact and therefore perhaps some rattling. i can't believe i didn't lose it on the road, because i don't know if i would have ever known it was there. so go easy on letting that center stand back up, and if you notice your left foot touching that stand pad, turn around because that rubber thing fell off. :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my bike delivered in July 07 (didn't know how to ride yet) and when I went out to the driveway the next morning found the rubber plug on the ground, and like you found where it was supposed to go. Never had it come out again.

Guess we were both lucky, and I can't stand rattles!