That 600 mile sevice can be hazardous to your bikes health!

S

sportrider

I was talking to a guy at the dealer out here, he had a three week old R6 that the dealer had dropped scratching the whole right side of the fairing. their attempt at a fix was to try and buff out the DEEP scratches. it looked like crap. he said if they didn't replace the fairing he was going to sue them.

smist

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I didn't realise how this thread would take off! Thanks guys for your support. From the look of things, it will just be a distant memory soon and I will be a bit wiser next time.

I think there's always an element of risk attached to this sort of thing, and after so many years without a bike, I did not have the benefit of knowing a 'trusted' workshop.

The comments about the 'clear coat' applied to the paint was useful. I guess that a person may not know if the paint job was done properly until they started to get staining from gasolene (at which point, it would probably be too late); even more glad I'm geting a proper factory sprayed tank now.

A couple of members have asked me to disclose the company and for reasons I have already covered, I'm not going into that. Anyway, it looks like they are now going to do the right thing by me.

smist

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update guys and gals. Result!! Just got my bike back today with a brand new shiny tank (complete with those hard to remove labels). Really pleased I have got my pride and joy back in its original condition.

Respect to the Managing Director; he really pulled the stops out and in my eyes has redeemed his company.

Glad I got some use out of the bike before the tank replacement (only about 1200 miles in 10 weeks) as the weather is starting to really cool down now and is getting rather wet; won't be long before they start spraying that rock salt on the roads.

Wonder how that ACF50 corrosion inhibitor will hold-out?