That 15T primary again !

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
None! .. I love it would never go back to 16T

No usable top end speed loss and almost no increase in fuel consumption which really surprised me. Best thing I have done to the bike to date!!:thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did mine and love it.:thumbup::thumbup: I have ordered a speedOhealer which takes care of the error. I can't wait untill the rain stops and I can log in more miles. I have about 1000 with the change. SWEET.

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to double check all you did was replace the front sproket and got new chain? Or did you buy a new stock rear as well?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to go 15t but it is my understanding that all you need change is the front sprocket - you reuse the existing chain. Of course that assumes that your chain and rear sprocket are still good. If you shop around you can get the front sprocket (make sure it is 530 if that is all you are changing) for $25. That's what makes this such a sweet mod - cheap and easy to do.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
FB400 is correct all you need is the front sprocket and be sure to get the 530. You can get the 520 but you would have to change the chain and rear sprocket also and I see no real big advantage to doing that myself. That hundred plus dollars would be better spent on a speedo-healer .......... FOR ME! :D

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto about the 520. Don't accidentally order a 520 like I did. The 520 took 2 days to arrive; I returned it following Monday. The 530 was ordered Dec 24th and still is not here -- I'm kinda pissed about it $8 shipping for slow mail.

I know it's the freakin' holidays but I think it's time for holidays to be over and for people to get their mail handle butts back to work!

Dennis

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis-
I feel your pain. I ordered a pair of fiamm horns. The post office says the package was delivered, yet I never got anything. I think the PO f'd up and won't admit it. Who knows if I will ever get what I paid for. I am appealing to the company I bought from.. maybe they send me out another set

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
This summer I put on a 15 tooth front sprocket only and here is what I observed; higher rpm's that allow for a quicker response in lower speeds, 10% speedometer error (reads higher speed than actually traveling), no decrease in gas mileage, very small increase in ability to bring up the front wheel, no noticeable difference in top speed. One point I'm not sure about is if this mod also creates a corresponding odometer error. I think this is one of the best mods for your dollar. I'm not getting a speedohealer due to the fact that the speedo error is so low, the cost of the speedohealer negates the value of the inexpensive sprocket mod, and it may reduce my chances of getting a ticket or getting a less costly ticket because at times I may forget I'm viewing my speed as going a little faster than posted limits. The only thing I forgot to do is keep my old front sprocket that had 8,000 miles on it from the mechanic.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you realy get a significant boost in the lower revs?? anyone had a dyno before and after??

I don't know all the tech stuff involved in dyno testing and I don't know if it shows a difference when compared to 16t. I can tell you that I had a good sized grin on my face on my first ride after changing over to the 15t. The bike feels more responsive, adds a bit of the GRUNT that the biked seemed to be missing from the factory.

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the 15T front, I also switched the back sprocket to 48T, and then switched to a 520 chain.

With the complete conversion there is one negative in my opinion, more vibrations at freeway cruising speeds. Everything else is great and I wouldn't switch back, but the vibes can rattle you around a bit more.

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Dennis-
I feel your pain. I ordered a pair of fiamm horns. The post office says the package was delivered, yet I never got anything. I think the PO f'd up and won't admit it. Who knows if I will ever get what I paid for. I am appealing to the company I bought from.. maybe they send me out another set
Good luck on that venture....!

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
I really like the 15T front, I also switched the back sprocket to 48T, and then switched to a 520 chain.

With the complete conversion there is one negative in my opinion, more vibrations at freeway cruising speeds. Everything else is great and I wouldn't switch back, but the vibes can rattle you around a bit more.
Could you fill me in on that C1 & C2 + 24 in detail for this old fart ?

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow ..... gee dennis did you have to work over the holidaze...?

No, but everyone else (in retail and delivery) should work (i.e., especially) when I'm not working :D.

Seriously, I was just venting -- I have an issue with waiting for mail order (esp. when the fees are so great but the competence and predictability are so low).

Dennis

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis-

I had to call the Speedohealer vendor a few times to get them to "take care of me" -- I was kind of annoyed that although it was UPS's fault (and not the vendor's) I shouldn't have to wait and pay for shipping. So the vendor shipped out my Speedohealer 2-day UPS while UPS figures out how to give them back my lost Speedohealer. Ironically, it took another week for me to install it :D.

Dennis