Thanks FZ6 Members - Made it to the final!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Thnaks for all your Votes! Big help! We made it to the final.

Captain Morgans Cup - Help Advice needed
Hope I can post this here, looking for some ideas and need them quick. I know there is a lot of creative people here. We have a Team in the Captain Morgans Cup Challenge and have tied in the final.They are giving us one more challenge. 1/2 our team is camping this weekend and the other 1/2 will be in Vegas. We were thinking may be a good place to get it done. I figure we will need to get at least a few hundred people going to be tough! Prize is a trip South Africa to compete in the Captains Cup or cash 25,000.

Here is the email we got today. We are so close to winning this.

Subject: Captain€™s Cup Canadian Top Finalists
Congratulations Teams!!!! The votes have been tallied and you are among the select few Teams that have earned the right to move onto the Tie Breaker Challenge for your chance of representing Canada in South Africa in the Captain€™s Cup.

You need to complete a few steps for the Tie Breaker Challenge to earn the right to represent Canada. The panel of judges will vote to select the ultimate winner. Please follow the steps below and have your entry submitted back to [email protected] by May 23rd 11:59 pm EST, 2010.

Winners will be selected and notified on May 31st 2010.

TIE BREAKER CHALLENGE STEPS:

1. Ensure you have 4 members on your team, if you do not have 4 please submit their names with your submission and ensure they are a fan of the Captain Morgan Canada Page. These participants would be your team to travel to SA if you win the Tie Break Challenge.
2. THE CHALLENGE: Is to take a picture with striking the Captain€™s Pose with as many people as possible. Make sure that all people are visible and can be counted within the photo, as the Photo that is submitted with the most number of people will be selected as the winner.
a. Please note the following:
i. No altered photo€™s will be allowed and valid as an entry. (eg. A photo that has been altered in Photo Shop)
ii. Everyone in the photo must be legal drinking age in your Province of entry.
3. Submit the photo to [email protected] to be judged by no later than May 23rd 11:59 EST, 2010.
4. You will be required to answer a skill testing question if you are selected as the winner to represent Canada.

We wish you luck in your quest to represent Canada in the Captain€™s Cup in South Africa.

Party Responsibly Captain€™s Orders!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go buy 200 empty wooden barrels. Go to a nightclub or party or anywhere really. Tell people that one of the 200 barrels has a prize in it. To qualify for the prize they have to be in a group picture with foot on barrel in captain pose.

Then snap a picture with a quality camera in a quality setup. Maybe even with hats and some fake moustaches and stuff.

Give the person the prize in the barrel whose barrel had the prize in it. Make it something like a bottle of rum or something. Or whatever.

If you can't find wooden barrels, then find something that will suffice like old garbage drums from a factory (for example roofing mills use tons of burphalt in cardboard drums), or something that looks similar like cheap plastic containers from a dollar store.

Should be an easy way to get 200 people into the picture. I don't see anyone else getting more than 200 people in the picture unless they go to a very large group of people somewhere with a loudspeaker or using a microphone at an event and telling people to put a leg up in the air and snap a picture.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I like it. Foot does not have to be on anything but this would motivate people.

Go buy 200 empty wooden barrels. Go to a nightclub or party or anywhere really. Tell people that one of the 200 barrels has a prize in it. To qualify for the prize they have to be in a group picture with foot on barrel in captain pose.

Then snap a picture with a quality camera in a quality setup. Maybe even with hats and some fake moustaches and stuff.

Give the person the prize in the barrel whose barrel had the prize in it. Make it something like a bottle of rum or something. Or whatever.

If you can't find wooden barrels, then find something that will suffice like old garbage drums from a factory (for example roofing mills use tons of burphalt in cardboard drums), or something that looks similar like cheap plastic containers from a dollar store.

Should be an easy way to get 200 people into the picture. I don't see anyone else getting more than 200 people in the picture unless they go to a very large group of people somewhere with a loudspeaker or using a microphone at an event and telling people to put a leg up in the air and snap a picture.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
You win a trip to South Africa?

You just been conned!!!!!

:BLAA:

Nice competition though, most people in a picture? Easy, dressed up, and find anywhere there's lotsa people. Stand up and and shout hey people, help me win! SMILE.

I reckon everyboy would just help out?

Good luck, and let us know if you win!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Contact a local radio station and get them to run a story on it,stating where and when to gather a load of people in one place. (Could be a large shopping centre)Tell the Radio Station that everyone that attends,will be helping represent Canada in the cup.

People tend to get involved if you mention National Pride. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The con was a joke as he is saying South Africa is a terrible place to win a trip to.

He is right. I would rather be drowned than go to South Africa.

(@ Kamloops, no I would not actually prefer to be drowned rather than go to South Africa, that was another joke)

:)

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Contact a local radio station and get them to run a story on it,stating where and when to gather a load of people in one place. (Could be a large shopping centre)Tell the Radio Station that everyone that attends,will be helping represent Canada in the cup.

People tend to get involved if you mention National Pride. :thumbup:

Great idea to get a radio station involved!! I bet you could get a lot of people to show up, just be sure they say they have to be legal drinking age.

Another possibility is a college graduation. Usually there are several hundred graduates.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Just wanted to followup and thank everyone for the help.

We lost :(

We figured we would need at least a picture with 200 people doing the pose but turned out that was now so. The winning picture only had about 11 people doing it.

The ones we thought would win had a couple hundred doing it at a night club but the picture was poorly done and you could only see about 7 people doing the pose, and the rules stated that they had to be able to count the people doing the pose.

So close we were, we could have easily done a picture with 15 to 20 people and won! :(

Thanks again!