Test rode an FJR today...

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
:jawdrop: Wowzers. It was like a dream. That big 1300 made it effortless to get to 65 and it got me there surprisingly quick, without even trying. I love my 6, even more so now that they won't be offered in the future, but I definitely want one of these. Lets face it, the 6 is just a little unrefined and rough around the edges with it's clunky gearbox and noisy motor. Does anybody agree with my experience? I mean, if it weren't for the financial end of it, I'd have taken it home that day...

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen that one before and I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems like it's got the muscle of a tourer with the physique of a sport bike. Seems a little confused to me.

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you Scooby - I would love an FJR, but I really like my 6 and I'm not ready to part with it. Maybe I'll just wait till the 2011's come out - I don't like the color of the 2010's.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
You traitor!!! I am dying to buy a reduced one here for 12,998$ but I can't afford it!!! lol. Hate the exhaust.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm for some reason I never really liked FJRs, although I do want to try one of these when they come out (supposedly next year).

Cycle World - Spy Shot! 2010 Honda VFR1200

I consider it in roughly the same category as the FJR; maybe a little sportier.

I also like the new VFR 1200. Never understood why Honda couldn't have made the 800 a lighter bike. I'm betting the new VFR1200 will be more in line with the cc to weight ratios. Seems Honda has been hard at work on weight issues if you consider the new 08+ 1000rr. The new 08+ 1000rr was pretty much the bike to have until Yamaha came out with the R1. Aside from the new R1 crossplane engine the VFR's have an incredible sound from the V4. Those are my favorite motor sounds. Yes , I realize we might be talking apple and oranges cuz these are more sport bikes but the basic engine technologies end up in other arenas.
I read an article about the new R1 and they were saying how it dyno'd with less horsepower was heavier and they couldn't figure out how it was supposed to be a better bike until they took it out on the track. Then it was a different animal.
Love the FZ6. When I think of where I take it and it's dynamics it is such a great bike.:rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
+1FJR Very happy with my 04, almost 60K on it. The real fun is in Nevada close to redline.....for miles and miles.