Tcmalker's Dual Healight mod?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read the pro & cons of tcmalker's dual headlight mod and it seems it's the only mod that allows you to either have one OR two low beams on. Why is this important? This is good because the FZ6 is notorious for its inability to supply current power. If you have accessories such as heated gear for example, you might not have enough juice with both headlights on. Of course there's downside to everything, you do lose high beam. But in the case of bd43's mod, you have NO OPTION to turn off the other low beams.

So, in summary, if you have a lot of accessories on your FZ6 and would like to have dual headlights, I suggest looking at tcmalker's.

You certainly do have an option to turn off the right side low beam.

Un-plug the right side plug, takes 2 seconds, can do it sitting in traffic, sitting on the bike.

I've had the BD43 mod on literally for years, no issues what so ever (that's with the idle turned down to 1,000 RPMs too). *I do use a heated vest and heated gauntlet gloves in winter time. I just turn them off when coming to a red light, stop sign...

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for what Scott said. I did a trip to NC (300+miles each way) and had the high beams on with heated gloves on high. And I have the BD43 mod.

chroline

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
You certainly do have an option to turn off the right side low beam.

Un-plug the right side plug, takes 2 seconds, can do it sitting in traffic, sitting on the bike.

I've had the BD43 mod on literally for years, no issues what so ever (that's with the idle turned down to 1,000 RPMs too). *I do use a heated vest and heated gauntlet gloves in winter time. I just turn them off when coming to a red light, stop sign...

LOL that's real convenient! Anyway, I'm going to give tcmalker's mod a try.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't ride much at night, but won't give up my high beam, ESPECIALLY in heavy traffic during the day, its ON. :thumbup:

With the BD 43 mod you have both LB's (like your going to do now) BUT still have the high beam option if needed. Its a cheap enough mod, easy to do, take your time, maybe an hour going slow...

To each his own...:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mindfogg read Tcmalker's other thread and found it closed.:( Mindfogg likes the idea of having both eyes open on the FZ6 (2009 in the garage) as it makes it look complete, like his 2003 FZ1. He also think the bike needs a lower fairing to make it look complete, that is why he had to get a hold of Yamaha Canada to buy factory plastic for the FZ6 (and overseas for a lower for the FZ1) as Yamaha in the US doesn't sell it to FZ6 owners????
Ok, I like Tcmalker's mod as it is quick and easy to do, and undo, but I like the high beams at night. The light output seems to be ok, but I have never rode the FZ6 to work at night, the FZ1 gets the nod for that. So since I don't ride the FZ6 to much, as i got it for the kid who doesn't ride it much, I have yet to do any mod and just ride the FZ1 who puts out great light. Will the FZ6 accommodate two bulbs with both high and low beams? Are the reflectors in an '09 made to take two low/high beam bulbs?

Scott's just curious if "Mindfrog" talks into an automated typing machine or just the third person thing, ???? Scott wonders....

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Just upgrade to projectors man... Costs about $200 and you'll have amazing light output, a sweet look, and dual high beams.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Tcmalker's Dual Headlight mod?

I think the whole forum got one. It was deleted pretty quick, so everyone may not have read it. There was also a spam post over in the welcome thread that was deleted.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site

Yes , I read the pm also, it's the same thing that was on the new member thread.

Why can't that guy just go away?

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^Agreed.

I do have to say I find the "Remus"/"Bob Dole"/"Bonesaw"-esque 3rd person references mildly amusing, though...

Truth

Reaction score
Visit site

He used to be on chicagolandsportbikes too. Haven't seen him in a while, maybe he got banned from there as well. I've always found him entertaining. He's just trolling after all, I don't know why people let him get under their skin. The videos of him constantly getting into accidents are hilarious.