tcmalker's dual headlight mod

Who's dual headlights mod do you like best?

• bd43

Votes: 94 74.0%
  • Gand

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • tcmalker

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • other

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site
Tcmalker has already mentioned the pros and cons of this mod. It's really not the OP business to explain laws and road requirements to everyone. The onus is on the rider to know his/her local law.

I've done a similar cable swap mod to my DRZ400 where I pretty much changed the high beam into an off switch. It can be reversed within a min.

Mod voted! :)

sunanuus

Reaction score
Visit site
well i have 2007 fz6 and while sitting on the bike on my left i have two filement bulb and two wires and on right side i have three filament bulb and two wire too.yes both side has two wire.changed the wire as mentioned above and it is fine for two low beam.it was 1 year old when i bought i dont know if previous owner did anything with it.

thanks
:rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO. . . its taken longer to read the bitter thread than to do all of the mods. . .
deadhorse.gif

/thread close unless there is a value adding statement. . .

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did this headlight mod...:Sport: It took me less than 10 minutes to do it. It was the pulling off that power wire that took most of my time in doing this mod. Thanks tcmalker....................
Couple of more questions;

Is there a way to adjust the aim of both Headlights?
Is it 1pc. H4 and 1pc. H7 Phillips Motovision to replace the original bulbs for more brightness? Or, is the Xtreme Power is too bright? I don't want anything to drain my Battery..

Thanks in advance

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks in advance

Yes. There are 2 'bolts/screws' behind each headlight assembly. One moves the beam up/down, the other left/right. (p. 3-68 of the Service Manual)

1. The lower adjusting screws (LEFT light is lower left, RIGHT light is lower right) adjustes the beam VERTICALLY.

2. The upper adjusting screws (LEFT light is upper left, RIGHT light is upper right) adjusts the beam HORIZONATALLY

Last edited:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did this headlight mod...:Sport: It took me less than 10 minutes to do it. It was the pulling off that power wire that took most of my time in doing this mod. Thanks tcmalker....................
Couple of more questions;

Is it 1pc. H4 and 1pc. H7 Phillips Motovision to replace the original bulbs for more brightness? Or, is the Xtreme Power is too bright? I don't want anything to drain my Battery..

Thanks in advance

You are so very much welcome! (Make sure you vote!)
You're right about pulling that wire out. It is very tough to take out initially, so please be careful when you do! I used a needle nose plier to do it. But good thing is once you take it out, it's easy to put it back in and out. Make sure you grab it where it won't break the wire. If you ever do want to switch it back to stock, you won't need the pliers.

As for the bulbs, you are going to need one of each (H4, H7). Xtreme Power would be the brightest, but the motovision got that cool orange tint that might get you noticed. Give us a review once you decide!

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Philips X-treme Power H-4 & H-7...I love it!!!!!!! now I just have to adjust them. The H-4 is 60 - 67W, so it shines more than the H-7., but I'm fine with it...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to change my vote to Other for Dual Bi-Xenon projectors!

BTW, there's a little tab on the back of the pin that holds the pin in. If you take a little precision screwdriver and jam it back there, you'll bend that pin in, and you can pull it out with your fingers. Bend the tab back out if you want it to stay in the new position.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to change my vote to Other for Dual Bi-Xenon projectors!

BTW, there's a little tab on the back of the pin that holds the pin in. If you take a little precision screwdriver and jam it back there, you'll bend that pin in, and you can pull it out with your fingers. Bend the tab back out if you want it to stay in the new position.

thanks for the tip, but sorry no take backs (especially if you voted for tcmalker)

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
For bulbs, take a peek at Hella Rallye bulbs. Usually slightly higher wattage(5-10), and WAY more lumens, without sacrificing too much lifespan of the bulb.

I'm using tcmalkers quick mod for now, as I don't need the high beam right now. I will later in the season, but for now it'll do. I'll eventually do the BD43 mod though, time permitting.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I plan on doing the dual projectors later this summer with a more electrically inclined buddy of mine, but this is a great mod for now! I can switch it back in seconds if I'm heading out of town. Thanks for the easy mod. :thumbup:

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
When I first got my FZ6 there were a few people saying ways to do a dual headlight mod. After looking into it I did the BD43's wire mod. It didnt take long to install at all and it did help me learn more about the bike. I wanted a mod that didnt elminate, but added a feature. TC your mod isnt bad if someone is looking for a quick fix imo.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
When I first got my FZ6 there were a few people saying ways to do a dual headlight mod. After looking into it I did the BD43's wire mod. It didnt take long to install at all and it did help me learn more about the bike. I wanted a mod that didnt elminate, but added a feature. TC your mod isnt bad if someone is looking for a quick fix imo.

...and it doesn't cost anything and can be reversed in seconds...:thumbup:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Really confused at why this matters so much to you? Some slight recognition on a small online forum? Not knocking you, just curious.

Since you're curious, tcmalker will tell you. It does feel pretty good to have a mod named after you. Every time tcmalker receives a 'Thanks', it makes tcmalker feel warm and fuzzy inside. BTW, this is not a small online forum. It is in fact one of the biggest, best forum out there!

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Since you're curious, tcmalker will tell you. It does feel pretty good to have a mod named after you. Every time tcmalker receives a 'Thanks', it makes tcmalker feel warm and fuzzy inside. BTW, this is not a small online forum. It is in fact one of the biggest, best forum out there!

c3sB5.gif

:rolleyes:

jmun

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks tcmalker for the idea!! Most comments I get, love the bike hate the headlights, so I gave this a try- 10 minutes, all done. I grew up relying on high beams dodging moose, however, here in Denver I have yet to need em, the few times I lit em up, someone started coming the other way, and dimmed em back.
For me, this works....
Thanks again-

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Should we move this to the rant thread and rename it "mod-bashing"?

Also i'll toss out there I will be a new fz6 owner in the next month or so and plan on doing BD43's mod, not that i wouldn't do TC's mod but I like my high beams too much to go without them

Status
Not open for further replies.