taking my motorcycle test tomorrow to get my license any advice?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Relax, remember your training, and breathe.

+1
Be smooth, calm and don't make a bigger deal out of this than it's worth. All of us at one point were there, and trust me the examiner is not expecting MotoGP handling. When the bike stalls, which it most likely will remember the first advice above and simply restart the bike ;)

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
+1
Be smooth, calm and don't make a bigger deal out of this than it's worth. All of us at one point were there, and trust me the examiner is not expecting MotoGP handling. When the bike stalls, which it most likely will remember the first advice above and simply restart the bike ;)
If you stall you fail.

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
Fight your urge to rely on the targeting computer and use the force.

TargetingComputer.jpg

Last edited:

aproccos

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't go too slow. Put it in second gear and just go.
Remember to relax (you can take it again so it's not worth being nervous)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No advice, as I took the course and didn't need to but good luck!! Get a good nights sleep and go easy on the coffee...You don't need the jitters :D

I

inkrediboy

are you taking the final test in an MSF course - or are you taking the test with a clipboard happy DMV associate...............?

I

inkrediboy

I took the MSF course - not only to make getting a license alot more easier, but to help unlearn any bad habits I had accumulated during the permit period.

That class and its knowledge base saved my ass many a time- I'm very thankful I took the course and not just took the test with DMV.

MSF teaches you real life techniques that have kept me upright and alive.

I have to admit - I took the MSF course back in 2000, and finally went legit this year to ride legally - was a non legal for ages. The certificate has no expiration, and once taken, gives you breaks on insurance, makes DMV a piece of cake by just taking the written permit test - and as mentioned before - makes you a better rider.

I had a drill seargent for an MSF instructor, and that guy wasn't putting up with anybody's monkey business - I had a lot of respect for him, and was a great time while meeting some cool folks on bikes.

RA

I

inkrediboy

taking it at the dmv going around the circle and cones and straight line

ah crap - hmmmmmmmmm.......

Go here if you haven't already checked it out-

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

good luck with that - even a good rider can sweat under pressure.

1 minute mistake, and you are out of the test. They don't play around - and don't mark off, they stop the test period.

Careful for the white line boundaries, and keep your throttle in check, No feet down either. wow, i'm nervous just thinking about it, and I've been riding for almost 10 years.

go to that link - might be helpful.

D

D-Rock

The examiners are always impressed by a well-done wheelie and burnout....Good luck:thumbup:

haha yeah... that would be awsome!:rockon:

but really... just keep your chin up. know where your controls are and relax. It should be real easy.

Last edited by a moderator: