TailBlazer taillight modulator

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
[Let me just start by saying that English is not my native language, so please pardon any spelling errors or poor language]

About four weeks ago, I ordered a 2-pack of Kisan Technologies' tailBlazer 20W-D for use on my 2004 FZ6-S (I bought the 2-pack to have one spare). The tailBlazer is an integrated taillight modulator. Integrated, meaning all the logics is integrated into the base. No extra modules to wire, nothing extra that can shake, rattle or roll around in your under seat compartment. Modulator, meaning it flashes your taillight in a decreasing speed pattern, and after 4 seconds the taillight will be a solid light.

About one week ago the order was delivered, but I couldn't find the time to test it until tonight. The missus is in the hospital with our newest family member (2.5 days old as of this writing) and our other daughter is sleeping. Thus, I have had the time to both hook up my Gibson in the basement, and replace the standard taillight bulb with the tailBlazer tonight. :D

The tailBlazer itself consists of two parts, the base with the electronics, and a 20w G4 halogen bulb using the bayonet socket in the base. The two 20W-Ds I got had bulbs preinstalled, and two spare bulbs in the package. The bayonet socket makes replacing bulbs an easy task. I can't really say anything regarding the quality of the product, as I have only started the bike once with the tailBlazer installed.

The installation couldn't be any simpler - remove old bulb, install the tailBlazer just like you would install any new bulb. I was a bit worried the tailBlazer would not enter the hole in the taillight as the "collar" on the tailBlazer is rather wide, but it entered without any problems.

After putting everything back together I had to give it a try, and from what I can see the tailBlazer is just as bright as the old bulb, both with just running light and with the brakes enabled. It's not any brighter, but not any weaker either. If you can find bulbs with more that 20w, you might be able to get an even more visible taillight. The modulation is an eye catcher, so any cars or bikes behind me will easily be aware that I am in front of them, and that something is happening.

My two reservations regarding the tailBlazer is that
1) someone following in my trail might not understand that I really am braking and mistake the modulation for me just driving with a faulty taillight, and
2) the 20w G4 bulb could potentially shake loose from the base, resulting in no taillight at all.
I'm willing to live with the risk, just being careful checking the taillight before getting on the bike. :)

Terri_One

Reaction score
Visit site
i believe in the blinking brake light to catch the attention of the vehicles behind me. i decided on vizi-tec. its able to blink a few times and then remain on. It also will not blink in stop-and-go traffic, hence not irritating the drivers/riders behind you. Its an easy plug-and-play module.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
First, congrats on the new baby. Boy or girl? Your English is fine.
I've been wanting to get one of those but haven't done it yet. Thanks for the info.