Tail Support & Rattling

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I currently have my new Scorpion oval slip on exhaust installed along with the FAZR6 fender eliminator. With the FE installed, I was not able to install the little support that goes from the end of the fender up to the tail. I've also noticed that the black plastic shroud piece between the pipes is rubbing up against the license plate light holder, and rattles a bit when I hit bumps (pics below)

First question I have is if you think there is enough support for the fender without the bracket going up between the pipes? Will the two bolts under the tail be enough to hold it?

Secondly, any suggestions to stop the rattling? Should I try and attach the shroud to the license plate light to give it support? Any suggestions as to how to achieve this? Or do you think I should just cut off the section of plastic that is rubbing?

View attachment 41265

View attachment 41266

View attachment 41267

Thanks for the input!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh haaa!

Im working on the same issue...If you have a dremel or a file, remove the tail and dremel the )( narrower. It'll fit right in. It's a trial and error kinda thing, I have to shave mine a little more.

Hope this helps:thumbup:

Joe

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh haaa!

Im working on the same issue...If you have a dremel or a file, remove the tail and dremel the )( narrower. It'll fit right in. It's a trial and error kinda thing, I have to shave mine a little more.

Hope this helps:thumbup:

Joe

For you my friend, I suggest 3qts of shoe goo and duct tape to hold it till it cures! :thumbup: :spank:

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post a pic of the bracket you left out? And its left out because the cans have no gap or ???????

Bracket is left out because I have an FE kit. I can take a picture later when I get home from work, but here is a picture from the Scorpion install instructions

View attachment 41294

Image "U" is where a fitting actually connects to the stock fender, then image "V" shows the support bracket going from that fitting up to your tail. Since I have a FE, the fitting doesn't connect to the fender, therefore I cannot hook up the support. I just wasn't sure if this would stress the FE too much.

And with the FE, the license plate light sits a little higher than the stock one would, therefore I get the rattle when plastic meets plastic from the shroud between the pipes and the license plate housing.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So its missing the H looking bracket? Why? That looks vital. Granted the pic is of stock heavier tail but you need to cut and adapt and have someone weld something up for you.

Even welding a stud with two flat washers to the "H" bracket and using a self locking nut through your TT could be a solution but its hard to tell from the original pics posted how much room there is.

Perhaps on the bracket thats left out, chop off the bottom "upsidedown "T" if you will and weld a long SS bolt (hex head cut off) to the bracket. put a nut on it, a flat washer, tail tidy, flat washer, lock nut. Done. Although consider an acorn nut and loctite.

Just an idea - I have no idea if it will work for you.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Zack,

I have the same setup (Scorpion and FaZR6 FE) and did NOT use that support bracket. There was no way to keep it attachéd without some kind of fabrication, in which I have no skills.

However, I've had the setup almost as long as I've had the bike (2+ years) with no issues.

I just put some electrical tap nearly on the top of the license plate light to prevent the plastic piece between the cans from moving and have left it alone.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scorpio. Good to know that it hasn't been a problem for that length of time. I was looking at it yesterday and I agree - there isn't any way to attach the support without dabbing something up, and I don't have the resources. The only thing I could think of was trying to zip tie it in place for now, but maybe I won't worry about it.