Tail of the Dragon ride

neumanntm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking into going on a ride at Deal's Gap, on the Tail of the Dragon. Just asking if anyone wanted to tag along with me to check out the scenery!

DirtySouth

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't set a date yet because I wanted to make sure others could make it. When would be the best for you?

Well I don't ride on weekends so I don't expect anyone to set dates around me, but since you're asking, I won't be able to get away until the 26th-29th.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't mind camping to be honest. But I'm up for either.

I would be interested in going I dont know if I would stay the 2 days but I would met y'all at the tail and ride for a good long while

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't go but there is a nice campground on the Foothills parkway about 7 miles up from 129 on the TN side. :thumbup:

neumanntm

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested in going I dont know if I would stay the 2 days but I would met y'all at the tail and ride for a good long while

Well you should try to make it! We'll probably stay at that campground at the Foothills Parkway like FIZZER6 said.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to come for sure ....until I looked at the calamder, I have no more vaca days until december, so only way I could go is on a weekend so maybe next time

neumanntm

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to come for sure ....until I looked at the calamder, I have no more vaca days until december, so only way I could go is on a weekend so maybe next time

I was thinking about going up there on the 25th to start. Then meet up with whomever else. You could come ride up with me early Sunday morning and come back in the evening. Could that work?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I would really like to go...
Not enough vacation days and a lot of miles for me in a short period of time - I'm about 660 miles away, the longest ride I've done in one day is about 280 miles. I'm trying to work on increasing this number though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Huh... I'd like to go too, but I'm not sure I could talk my wife and son in to another Sunday without Daddy. I'm gonna see what I can do, this sounds like fun!

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Anyone still planning on this? I was thinking about heading out about 7 am Sunday morning and riding up 129 from Gainsville. Not sure if I'm going to yet (have to see how Saturday goes), but I thought I'd ask if anyone else was planning on going up that weekend. I'm 38 miles from Gainsville, and it's another 140 miles up to the dragon on 129 as best I can tell looking at Google maps. I'd like to be home around 3-4ish

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Sounds good to me. Where will you be leaving from in the AM? I am planning on leaving my house at about 7, I should be in the Mall of Ga area at about 7:30. Will this work for you? I was going to ride up 985 to Gainsville and run 129 all the way. I was planning on leaving up there around 12 or 1 to come back home (gotta spend some time with the family).

I am not tying to obligate anyone, this is just what I was thinking about doing. Travis, you in?