Suzuki B King what do you guys think?

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for all the comments guys, i went and sat on one yesterday. and yes it even feels like a monster. i think my skill level is a 1 and the b king requires a 10. the dealer has had the bike for 3 years never started, has 2 bothers exhaust on it already. price 12,999 + taxes, i laughed and said thats why youve had it that long. regaurdless of the price im not ready for one i still have chicken strips, i just finish reading and watching twist of the throttle (freaking amazing and should be on the home page). you guys are right, sick bike maybe later.

very wise this one is. :rockon:

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the bike looks ugly. The exhausts are ridicously big and over-proportioned. I also don't like the headlight, looks like a mini-transformers head or something. Too much power for a naked bike Imo.

If ever bought one, I certainly would fit some proper after market exhausts on it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the bike looks ugly. The exhausts are ridicously big and over-proportioned. I also don't like the headlight, looks like a mini-transformers head or something. Too much power for a naked bike Imo.

If ever bought one, I certainly would fit some proper after market exhausts on it.

Most replace the exhaust (we did) and I agree, its not the best looking bike, nor comfortable. Its street light to light screamer. Should you ever get to ride one, you will get off it with a really big smile on your face. :)

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lol what does it being a naked bike have anything to do with the power? Are you saying if it had a few more plastic panels on it then the power would be fine?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your thread motivated me to look into Bs yesterday. Everything I read performace wise what very positive, even handling. Gets good mileage and has a pretty good range.

Cost, I found bikes in $6999 to $8999 price range.

I think $13K is stupid expensive. Look on Cycle Trader and have a bike shipped in. Shipping is only $400 to $600.

He said it was a left over brand new and never started so zero miles unabused etc. Would imagine the dealer owns it so they would rather show it off than give it away. The other thing is that it is brand new never started then it still comes with the factory warranty... There is a Yamaha dealership near Syracuse NY and he never gave anything away. I believe he has been there for 30-40 years and still has brand new machines in crates in his warehouse from back then.

faseljd

Reaction score
Visit site
I havent been checking the forum in awhile, but I do own a 08 B-King and it is in a class by itself. I also own a 04 FZ-6 Naked and a 07 V-Star 1300. I am partial to nakeds so call me biased.Of course the exhaust is the first thing to change out for looks and sound, as I have Two Brothers on both nakeds. The King is the most amazing all around bike I have ever ridden. Power,?, it has an insane amount of power that is usable in every gear. Cranking the throttle open is exactly like the Star Trek shows when they used to go into warp power. Instead of stars and planets whizzing by you at incomprehensible speeds, its lots and lots of asphalt. And by God you had better hang on or it will rip your arms off the bars.:) The engine is the exact same as the second generation Busa, only difference is the intake and exhaust. Thus parts are never a problem, even though they are pretty bullet-proof. Actually this engine was developed for the King then put in the 2nd Gen. Busas. As far as handling, it is no 600 crotch rocket, but with a competant rider who is used to this bikes characteristics it will not be left behind in the twistys! This thing does not feel like it weighs what it does once underway. And any straight line drag race type maneuver will put you out in front of nearly everything on the street. And as far as passenger accommodations, it is on par with the FZ-6 for comfort. My take on it is if your girlfriend/wife is 110 lbs.or under she will not mind the ride, anything over then put her on the back of a Harley. :)