Suzuki B King what do you guys think?

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been looking at the Suzuki B King for quiet some time now. Mostly every review has been positive and encouraging. But what do you guys think? You all are the riders and enthusiasts. What are your opinions, pros, cons. Has anyone rode one?

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked those bikes. I've never ridden one, for that matter I don't remember ever seeing one. Really cool looking bike, I'd say go for it!

D

Dave.TX

I know a guy that has one but haven't seen him ride it and haven't seen one in person. I have heard nothing but positive things about them. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've never rode one but I talked to a guy for a while about his at a bike night a couple months back. It was his play toy he said, because for its not very practical, he said his wife refuses to ride on it because the ride is so harsh for the pillion, and he can't keep a rear tire on it because of the power and a heavy wrist. But he said it is a blast to ride in a straight line, but take it through the twisties and hang on because if your not careful your gonna learn real quick what a lowside is or how to drift a bike. He said yes you can ride it hard but it's definitely not a bike for just anyone to hop on and go hit some turns with out getting used to it. I asked him if there was anything that he actually liked about the bike jokingly and he said oh no don't get me wrong I love the bike it's like big middle finger riding down the road especially when some punk on a r1 or cbr1000 comes along and thinks their hot sh1t, but like i said its my play toy.

I used to want one too but after talking to him I don't think I will ever get one unless it was just that a play toy. But I do love the way they look. I gotta ask though if the fz6 is your first bike, that b king would be one hell of a big jump, especially if you've never rode a liter bike, that thing is literally a naked busa, a 180hp f you on wheels and is not for everybody, so if your serious about wanting one ride it first and really think about it before you do anything

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather have a Suzuki Virus :rockon: than a B-King, but it sure is a very nice bike :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
they made the bking for - one year here in the states ? i don't recall, but that's something to consider for parts.

another thing to consider is to just get a hayabusa and strip it, put dirt bike bars on it, 8" headlight, and enjoy the ergos.

busas are everywhere, parts plentiful, and the power would be nice to roll on.

i'd look at the busa or my dream bike, the older ninja standard bike. awesome.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike, big and fast. All it needs is an Akrapovic carbon exhaust system.

Here's a pretty cool one:

I like the smaller exhaust and it has a cleaner look with the side pods removed.

attachment.php

View attachment 39810

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My friend/customer bought one (I believe it was an 08) and had me transfer some farkles from his old bike to the new one... We also put a set of after market mufflers on it too. It sounded sooo good.. He also had to go out of town and asked to put as many miles as I could on it !!!

As for the ride, I probably put a 100 miles on it.

Con's: The seat is hard as a rock, the ergonomic's pretty tight (too uncomfortable for me).

Pro's: That bike was absolutly the fastest bike I've ever ridden..... You COULD NOT OPEN THE THROTTLE FULLY in first gear as the acceleration would literally try to pull you off the bike.. Nail the throttle at 70, (2 up), and the front end starts to come off the ground (forgot what gear I was in)... You looked forward to being first at a red light :)....

An absolute blast to ride... I came real close to buying one but knew, I would either get killed or loose my license...

I'm 53 and a retired PO, but that bike, holy s...t!

BTW, he did start to have a problem with a bad misfire that came and went (I heard it), but of course when at the delership, wouldn't do it... He eventually traded it in for I believe a Concours 1400..

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never been a huge fan of the B-King myself, however if I were in the market for an "open class" fast-as-hell standard, I would definitely consider the Star V-Max as well. Now those I have seen on the road here and there and they are very good looking (better, IMO, than the B King).

I'm not sure on the specs but I'd bet they are comparable. You can check it out here:

2008 Suzuki B-King vs. 2009 Star V-Max - Motorcyclist Magazine

I realize the "blower" look might not be for everyone - I think it's cool because it kind of shows the bike for what it is - a road rocket.

I'd do away with the stock exhaust as well.

EDIT: Hear hear, regarding the "I would either get killed or loose my license" comment from Scott!

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome bike. I would love one. Knew a guy who had been a bike mechanic all his life and had ridden hundreds of bikes. He had a bking and liked it more than anything else ever.

I've heard they are really expensive to service though.

David Thompson

Reaction score
Visit site
another vote for: you are going to shoot your eye out kid

way too much power to not have traction control, and doesn't even have a fairing to block wind

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot, we also put on a gadget that tricked the ECU into thinking it was in
3rd gear when it was really in first and and second. It had a power limiter for first and second gear, this eliminated it and gave it full power 100% of the time. Figuring out the panel removal initially was a PIA as they went on a certain way.. And yes, its the hyabusa motor Geared down for faster acceleration. I bet that bike would run in the 9's in the 1/4 mile....

I too, like the V-Max alot (never road one) but its suppossed to be a screamer, more straight line than handling..

I believe the B-King was available in 08 and 09 in the states... An absolute adrenaline rush!!!! Very, very easy to get into trouble with....

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never seen one with those horrendous stock pipes except in a picture.

There are quite a few on the road here, the first impression is how WIDE the tank is, it certainly looks like a no-nonsense muscle bike.

Too much for me :)

Dmitry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure about the States, but here 2nd hand V-max is almost 3x the price (autotrader)... So unless money is no object, can't really compare the two. I was considering trading up to it, but lack of fairing and screen puts me off. I am sure there are after market options, but then it would spoil the looks, and I am not a big fan of modding. I would change the cans, definitely!
If I had the cash, I would go for it though, but only as a second bike.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never seen one with those horrendous stock pipes except in a picture.

There are quite a few on the road here, the first impression is how WIDE the tank is, it certainly looks like a no-nonsense muscle bike.

Too much for me :)

Part of width of the gas tank look, is the plastic fuel tank side pods. The front directionals reside in them. Many on a B-King forum remove those side pods and move the directionals...

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for all the comments guys, i went and sat on one yesterday. and yes it even feels like a monster. i think my skill level is a 1 and the b king requires a 10. the dealer has had the bike for 3 years never started, has 2 bothers exhaust on it already. price 12,999 + taxes, i laughed and said thats why youve had it that long. regaurdless of the price im not ready for one i still have chicken strips, i just finish reading and watching twist of the throttle (freaking amazing and should be on the home page). you guys are right, sick bike maybe later.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your thread motivated me to look into Bs yesterday. Everything I read performace wise what very positive, even handling. Gets good mileage and has a pretty good range.

Cost, I found bikes in $6999 to $8999 price range.

I think $13K is stupid expensive. Look on Cycle Trader and have a bike shipped in. Shipping is only $400 to $600.

Monstro

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw one last year when I was in holiday, had to have a closer look and got to speak to owner when he came back, he was touring England on it and loving every min of it. He had dropped it though, spun back wheel accelerating out of a corner so learnt that it's a bike to treat with respect.

God I want one, really want one.