Super duper funny!!!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as a corner worker for the "Real motorcycle" races i find that both funny and terrifying. the first thing that they teach you when training to be a US Marshall is to never turn your back on oncoming traffic. if that happened with real bikes at real speeds it could have been terrible.

I may suggest using this video in the training going forward. at my track at least

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm dumb, but what are corner workers? Are they like base coaches? what's their purpose?

I am not 100 percent sure but I think in the event of an accident they go out and wave the caution flag to 1 protect the injured person from the on coming traffic and 2 to warn others that there is a wreck or accident prevalent. Kinda like in motocross.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm dumb, but what are corner workers? Are they like base coaches? what's their purpose?

there are 2 kinds of corner workers in each corner at my track. One kind is at the flagging stations and uses flags to warn riders of anything in that corner to be aware of or anything serious on the rest of the track and what they should be doing to prepare for it. the other kind are the ones that (as crazy as it sounds) run out into the racetrack int he event of a crash and try to clear it as quickly and safely as possible. They are the ones who make the call to "Red flag" (stop the race) if it cannot be done. Basically corner workers are responsible for the safety of every rider on the track.